Galaxy Note 20 Ultra | 5 Golden Battery Saving Tricks!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Today, let me demonstrate some great options on your new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra that can minimize the Battery drain and you can get the best of the power management. Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra Tips & Tricks!

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Today, let me demonstrate some great options on your new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra that can minimize the Battery drain and you can get the best of the power management. Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra Tips & Tricks!
Just watched but I am not clear are you say keep refresh rate at 60 or use adaptive as it will go lower when not needed and save more?

Also the fast charging super fast charging why would you leave them all on I set super fast on and fast off

Please add more clarification

Also I had to turn off device manager notification as it kept alerting on high battery usage even after adding to never go to sleep how can you set to ignore certain apps for high battery usage?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Just watched but I am not clear are you say keep refresh rate at 60 or use adaptive as it will go lower when not needed and save more?

Also the fast charging super fast charging why would you leave them all on I set super fast on and fast off

Also I had to turn off device manager notification as it kept alerting on high battery usage even after adding to never go to sleep how can you set to ignore certain apps for high battery usage?

I posted the video to give some ideas to some to help with battery life. I removed Beautiful Widgets it was killing my battery. I am in dark mode. My battery is doing better. I am up to 8 hrs now in a full charge. Once the phone learns your habits it usually gives better battery life. At least with my Note 9 I got better battery after a week.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am not using any beautiful widgets that I am aware of
For a phone with twice the battery of my moto z2 force the battery length is about the same. The note seems to be a battery hog and device health constantly says background apps using too much battery and once said using too much cpu. The optimizer need to optimize better. Hopefully they can patch it as battery length I am not impressed with so far for such a huge battery.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

Everyday the phone says apps are using too much cause and gives me a pop up cancel or restart phone I click cancel and the phone keeps working. Device care needs to be fixed as its optimization detection or optimization power is a bit buggy in my opinion. Anyone know how to fix. I am unhappy with the battery being twice as big as my old phone and lasting the same as a battery half its size the note is a battery hog

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
There has to. E a way to tell device manager to ignore apps using background process
Even when I add allowed background process setting keeps alerting me apps are doing frequent wake up
How can I tell it to ignore them

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Lining the ultra up on a wireless charger with a case on it it fails charging more often then not this is worrisome is the the qi2 fields not strong enough to make it constantly through a case

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Lining the ultra up on a wireless charger with a case on it it fails charging more often then not this is worrisome is the the qi2 fields not strong enough to make it constantly through a case

I'm using an Otterbox case which is pretty heavy duty and have no problems with wireless charging. Using the sanitizer/ wireless combo charged I got as a gift from Samsung. Have noticd the Note 20 Ultras gets a lot warmer on a wireless charger than the included 25 watt charger.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm using an Otterbox case which is pretty heavy duty and have no problems with wireless charging. Using the sanitizer/ wireless combo charged I got as a gift from Samsung. Have noticd the Note 20 Ultras gets a lot warmer on a wireless charger than the included 25 watt charger.
How do I get the Samsung wireless charger sanitizer combo. That sounds like you put it in a box. Never liked cases much as I think the make phones hotter in general less ways for heat to escape

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
How do I get the Samsung wireless charger sanitizer combo. That sounds like you put it in a box. Never liked cases much as I think the make phones hotter in general less ways for heat to escape

It was one of the gifts I got from Samsung along with the Note 20 Ultra, can't find it on the Samsung site now but here's a link for the same exact item at the same price Samsung was selling for. As I said it makes the phone get a lot warmer than with the 25 watt external charger.
Samsung UVC Sterilizer Box with Wireless Charging

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It was one of the gifts I got from Samsung along with the Note 20 Ultra, can't find it on the Samsung site now but here's a link for the same exact item at the same price Samsung was selling for. As I said it makes the phone get a lot warmer than with the 25 watt external charger.
Samsung UVC Sterilizer Box with Wireless Charging
Interesting I ha e been seeing more and more of the uv sterilizing products wonder if it works ornifnits a gimmick.pretty neat though. If it could also clean smudges off your phone now we'd be talking lol

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
I use the Samsung Rugged Protective Case with my Note 20 Ultra. It's a heavy duty case, but I have had no problems with wireless charging while using it. Something to be said about the Samsung branded cases is that they have likely ensured it will work properly with the phone it is designed for. That is generally, but not always the case with 3rd party cases. Some just don't work well and have to positioned just right. If not they won't charge, will partially charge or you get that "slow charge detected" error.

As for the UV Phone sanitizers. They aren't a gimmick, at least not the branded ones which have gone through some testing. But you have to read the fine print. They do kill germs and have been shown to kill some viruses. But I don't think any have been proven yet to kill Covid-19. I believe many of the claims are based on a track record of killing similar viruses, so in theory it should be effective.

Other members may have more details on that than me, I have only done some early research prior to purchasing a Phone Soap Pro. I was interested in it's ability to kill Influenza A H1N1(Flu) and Rhinovirus (Cold) as anything else.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am using the Unicorn Beetle Pro case. I can charge my phone with it standing up. I must turn it on it side to charge it.
876f997bf03ab7a90ca1be6fb95f385a.jpg
bdf005c9a9bfc969441fbdbc445abf6b.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am using the Unicorn Beetle Pro case. I can charge my phone with it standing up. I must turn it on it side to charge it.
876f997bf03ab7a90ca1be6fb95f385a.jpg
bdf005c9a9bfc969441fbdbc445abf6b.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
I have to move the phone w the case on every 20 minutes to get it just right. My theory it needs a stronger field to get through case consistently