Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
When it comes to tips and tricks for the Galaxy Note 20, our First 10 Things video is where you should start. This is the Note 20/Note 20 Ultra tutorial that helps you get setup in the best possible way so that you can immediately get the most out of your new $999+ Samsung phone. In this video, we cover device customization, always-on display, 120Hz vs. 60Hz, navigation gestures vs. buttons, Samsung's advanced features, One UI 2.5, and quick S Pen shortcuts worth knowing about.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Has anyone seen if they've improved the fingerprint reader? In my opinion the one on the note 10+ is horrid. The note 9 was flawless. My biggest complaint about the Note 10. Hope it's improved in the 20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Has anyone seen if they've improved the fingerprint reader? In my opinion the one on the note 10+ is horrid. The note 9 was flawless. My biggest complaint about the Note 10. Hope it's improved in the 20.

TBH I don't expect it to be much better ...I don't have issues with mine on Note 10+ but I also use face unlock ...

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
Samsung seems to go back and forth on these. Lisa@MobileTechReview didn't like the reader on the S10, but did like the one on the Note 10+. She had a lot of problems with the S20 reader, but none with the Note 20 Ultra she reviewed.

FWIW, my wife has a lot of problems with the reader on her Note 10 to where she has given up on it, but I have pretty much no issues with my Note 10+.

I am not sure if the inconsistencies vary from model to model or phone to phone.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Mines been picked up in Irving Texas, 150 miles from me. Say's Wednesday delivery, hoping for tomorrow too.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Mines been picked up in Irving Texas, 150 miles from me. Say's Wednesday delivery, hoping for tomorrow too.
I'm hopeful. However UPS still hasn't received it but shows next day. Seems they send them a little earlier each year.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My phone just arrived!
7efe5f3d263f63be3091c021f58f0b78.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

The fingerprint reader works pretty good about 9 out if ten it mostly can't read my finger side ways probably could fix if I retrained it some more

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
When it comes to tips and tricks for the Galaxy Note 20, our First 10 Things video is where you should start. This is the Note 20/Note 20 Ultra tutorial that helps you get setup in the best possible way so that you can immediately get the most out of your new $999+ Samsung phone. In this video, we cover device customization, always-on display, 120Hz vs. 60Hz, navigation gestures vs. buttons, Samsung's advanced features, One UI 2.5, and quick S Pen shortcuts worth knowing about.
I like the swipe to screen capture but would like it to be an option with power button press

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I love this video
I like that it shows you can use nova w gestures and that Samsung fixed it

I wish the phone had 512 storage but I can get by with 128 gb i used to use SD cards but have list data that way so I've soured in them but good option if you needed to store something bug in a pinch

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Tried the all the different fingerprint gestures but I wish it was more customisable I would prefer the following if possible

Home button press brng home
Home button ling press ( google assistant) missing in android 10
Swipe left on home button (back)
Swipe right on home button (open apps)

Don't like the swipe up options

Almost like the swipe gestures but went back to buttons but miss long press for google assistant

How do you get google Assistand with buttons now?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Reading autopilot and set to google auto fill
To use biometrics for apps doesn't the auto fill have to be Samsung or is autofill only for websites.

I noticed Samsung pass stored some apps as web sites but going to web page in Chrome didn't autopilot from Samsung pass?

Is Samsung auto fill only for there browser?
Can I have autofill set to goigle but still use Samsung pass ( to be able to use biometrics )?

Can goigle autofill be used with biometrics if so how?

Last edited:

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Was searching for brightness i noticed if you search in settings it shows you brightness scheduler app I couldn't find it in installed apps and when open said 401 not found with what looked like another language I also found some called brightness brightness I am not sure what that is either. Considering Uninstaller are these hidden system apps? Does removing brightness scheduler break adaptive brightness of system?