"Galaxy Nexus Tip/Trick - Improve Low Speaker Volume"

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is a difference. Stream Pandora and put it on 0 then to +4 ...you'll see. IMO not a noticeable improvement above 4. At least not to my ears. I set mine to +3 and tweak the other settings at the bottom. Mainly the mid/high and high and volume. Lows/bass are pointless on a speaker this small.

I would assume updates will be through the dev site. Maybe even get it before the market does

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gloveman

Reaction score
There is a difference. Stream Pandora and put it on 0 then to +4 ...you'll see. IMO not a noticeable improvement above 4. At least not to my ears. I set mine to +3 and tweak the other settings at the bottom. Mainly the mid/high and high and volume. Lows/bass are pointless on a speaker this small.

I would assume updates will be through the dev site. Maybe even get it before the market does

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

You are right. Streaming Pandora and playing with the settings while doing it is the ticket! I can for sure say that this app is boosting volume. I was trying to make my judgement based on listening to my ringtones. Glad I didn't give up on volume+ after trying the free app from the market. Thanks for the link.

kristinz84

Reaction score
Ok I just downloaded this version (free paid version from dev site) and I am thinking that there is a difference. I tried the free version from the market, but couldn't really hear a difference. Don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but my ringtone seems to be louder. Anyone else?

Both the free and the paid versions say they are only compatible with Gingerbread? No way to update since the app wasn't actually purchased?

I downloaded the app from the market and didn't notice anything and then I downloaded from the link that was posted and it made a huge difference.

ghorig

Reaction score
That Pandora tip is awesome! I downloaded the app earlier and didn't notice a difference. Then read about the Pandora tip and tried it. Ran it from 0 to +3 and didn't notice anything different. Kept bumping it up and all of a sudden it seemed to kick in! Running it at +11 right now. Nice an loud! Tested it on Netflix...finally I can ditch the ear plugs!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gloveman

Reaction score
Yup this app is the shiz. Also one other thing for those just trying out the app, make sure you leave the "speaker Modifications" Boxes checked in the speaker settings. Both the one at the top as well as the one for the equalizer.

techinv

Reaction score
Have to say thanks to the person who posted the link to the apk. I'm running stock and this app (at the +8 setting) makes all the difference in the world!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums

wjoel

Reaction score
Help!
I recently bought the app volume+ and I don't hear any difference in my phones volume.
Why would some of the Galaxy phones improve with the app and others do not?
Do I need to do something else?
I 'm seriously considering returning the phone to Verizon and swapping for the Rezound !

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Help!
I recently bought the app volume+ and I don't hear any difference in my phones volume.
Why would some of the Galaxy phones improve with the app and others do not?
Do I need to do something else?
I 'm seriously considering returning the phone to Verizon and swapping for the Rezound !
Because you bought the app and didn't download from the link provided. Back up and reread.

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Do I need to unistall the paid app on my phone, before I download the one listed in this forum,that works ?
Sure. Try out the one in the link and see what happens. Everyone has different roms/settings, so who knows why it's working on some and not others.

Worst case scenario, you can always just reapply the paid one again later. You bought it and it's tied to your account until the end of time!

wjoel

Reaction score
Sure. Try out the one in the link and see what happens. Everyone has different roms/settings, so who knows why it's working on some and not others.

Worst case scenario, you can always just reapply the paid one again later. You bought it and it's tied to your account until the end of time!
I tried to download but my phone blocked it ,saying my security is set up to block non market apps.
Is it ok if I turn off this security feature on my phone to get the app mentioned here in this forum ?

gloveman

Reaction score
I tried to download but my phone blocked it ,saying my security is set up to block non market apps.
Is it ok if I turn off this security feature on my phone to get the app mentioned here in this forum ?

That's how I did it. Settings>Security>Check Unknown Sources. After you download it go back in and change it.

cebosound

Reaction score
I just installed it, and tested it. It worked great. solved one of the few issues with this phone. thanks.

johannesd83

Reaction score
The link to the .apk from earlier in this thread is down. Does anyone still have it? I'd really appreciate it, it's one of the very few things that's still bugging me about my GN
thanks!