Galaxy nexus is a terrible name!

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
am I the only one who thinks this name kinda stands out. I think the nexus prime was a beast of a name and it worked with the other names (nexus one, nexus s, nexus prime) but try saying all three nexus names ending with the galaxy nexus it just stands out n not in a good way. I think we should rename it. kinda like we did with the OG. any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Galaxy Nexus is not bad. Rezound, now that is a terrible name.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I would like to call it..

wecouldntgetyoutothrowyourdroidawaysowehadtoapprovethenexusdeveloperphoneyoubunchofspoiledwhinerbabiessonowgiveusyourmoneyfortwomorwyears phone.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Prime would have been cool, but Galaxy Nexus isn't bad at all. Having Galaxy in the name should boost sales a bit, just by recognition. I'm sure Verizon employees are sick of being asked if they carry the Galaxy SII.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nexus Prime pwnd, but Galaxy Nexus aint bad. Reminds me of Star Trek TNG for some reason; being that the Federation's best ships were Galaxy class starships.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I would have prefered prime, but whatever, just want a new phone. they can call it My little pony rainbows for all i care

Exactly. Why does it matter what the name is? Its a phone, and you aren't marrying it, giving birth to it, or keeping it for the rest of your life. Heck, the whole Droid name is dumb. its a phone... it doesn't walk around.

Last edited by a moderator: