Galaxy Nexus gets Quadrant Benchmarked!

yiannis

Reaction score
My debloated Bionic gets 2250-2550. Seriously the higher resolution screens are an overkill for todays GPUs and CPUs. Just waiting to get ICS on my Bionic to see if performance improvements show. There is a lot of chatter about multiple cores being recognized, but I'll wait until we see real-world and synthetic benchmark comparisons.

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
My debloated Bionic gets 2250-2550. Seriously the higher resolution screens are an overkill for todays GPUs and CPUs. Just waiting to get ICS on my Bionic to see if performance improvements show. There is a lot of chatter about multiple cores being recognized, but I'll wait until we see real-world and synthetic benchmark comparisons.

My D3 does 2600 stock, and 2800 with the overclock. My Wife's Razr does 2800's stock.

Attachments

• OCD_D3.JPG
    OCD_D3.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 350

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I ran a few tests, averaged about 1500 (after loading up 100 apps and a number of widgets).

FPS ran similar to my overclocked (1100) Droid and total score was around what I could get at 1200 or so on my D1. As mentioned, it's pushing much higher resolution. Also, I think that part 2 of the I/O test is really dragging it down because that takes FOREVER.

About 75mflops in linpack (for multi-threads). My D1 topped out around 18 I think.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran a few tests, averaged about 1500 (after loading up 100 apps and a number of widgets).

FPS ran similar to my overclocked (1100) Droid and total score was around what I could get at 1200 or so on my D1. As mentioned, it's pushing much higher resolution. Also, I think that part 2 of the I/O test is really dragging it down because that takes FOREVER.

About 75mflops in linpack (for multi-threads). My D1 topped out around 18 I think.

The I/O part of the test.....Samsung isnt back to using the filesystem from the Galaxy S 1 are they? Or what else would effect that part of the test? Cant find any real info on the file system in the Galaxy Nexus except this:

EXT4 Support Comes to Galaxy Nexus With New ROM

Also...would the I/O part of the test be affected by no USB Mass Storage?

Galaxy Nexus Does NOT support USB Mass Storage - Guru3D.com Forums

I guess as long as it isnt effecting everyday use...like the file system was doing for some with the Galaxy S 1 it doesnt really matter.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe so....There's nothing to write to, so Quadrant probably just waits and waits until it times out/fails that part of the test. But I have no idea.

ex0rcist

Reaction score

Stock bionic. Minmax set to 1ghz. (Scaling) only "tweak"...but we all knew 4430 and 4460 r same stuff..

CAP201112011359.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
People, Quadrant is ALWAYS going to show low FPS numbers for devices with PowerVR GPUs; that's just how it is.

PowerVR uses a method of texture compression that is unique to PowerVR. It is more efficient when used with optimized software (basically, hidden parts of a scene are not rendered at all). Unfortunately, Quadrant isn't optimized for this type of texture compression; so for PowerVR devices uncompressed textures are necessary.

Apparently nobody read this because they are continuing the "my (insert phone name) gets 6000 on quadrant. Quadrant means jack anyway. Funny how folks think their phone is better than another based on their quad score lol.

sent from unlocked gnex

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
1700 same as nexus s, not bad but could have been better.

Don't forget, Quadrant scores on this device cannot be compared to anything else out there, due to the combination of TI OMAP chipset and 720p screen. It's pushing quite a few more pixels than a device such as the RAZR/Bionic.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently nobody read this because they are continuing the "my (insert phone name) gets 6000 on quadrant. Quadrant means jack anyway. Funny how folks think their phone is better than another based on their quad score lol.

sent from unlocked gnex

The problem is that people put way too much stock in synthetic benchmarks (also a problem in the world of PC's). A good illustration of how useless a synthetic benchmark really is can be found in the Quadrant test with the planets. My Bionic can barely muster 15FPS on this test. The same exact test runs at close to 60FPS on my LG Optimus V.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Don't forget, Quadrant scores on this device cannot be compared to anything else out there, due to the combination of TI OMAP chipset and 720p screen. It's pushing quite a few more pixels than a device such as the RAZR/Bionic.

That's why I prefer benches lin pack. See my post above.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk