Galaxy Nexus gets Quadrant Benchmarked!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first run down of the Galaxy Nexus running Quadrant Benchmark

[video=youtube;WKTQXjmoWh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKTQXjmoWh0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't watch the video, so this may be addressed within... but how exactly do you compare benchmark scores to a phone that is the only one currently in existence running that OS? Or am I way off base and Quadrant Benchmarks don't have anything to do with OS and software?

louy99

Reaction score
My D1 hits 1300, my wife's D2 hits 3100....it should be better

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
lets not forget that this phone has a larger screen resolution so a lower score is expected. i think droid razr got 2600 on this test with it's lower resolution display.

then again, tests vary by hundreds of points from one to the next. so this doesn't really mean much.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Why does my Droid 3 with a slower processor get a higher score than that?

*edit*

I forgot about the display resolution.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Did you guys notice that Quadrant sees 2 cores, nice! On the benchmark section where to two planets are rotating, that was as choppy as I've ever seen. That is a pretty darn high resolution to push. I'm guessing the FPS benchmarks are going to be very low.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
People, Quadrant is ALWAYS going to show low FPS numbers for devices with PowerVR GPUs; that's just how it is.

PowerVR uses a method of texture compression that is unique to PowerVR. It is more efficient when used with optimized software (basically, hidden parts of a scene are not rendered at all). Unfortunately, Quadrant isn't optimized for this type of texture compression; so for PowerVR devices uncompressed textures are necessary.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I too am concerned about the GPU. When I had the Bionic, it was noticeably slower at games, especially which used 2D backdrop and 3D moving objects, than my DX2 with the Tegra2.

anyone else noticed the total memory @ 1:46 minute mark on that phone?

only 646396 kB total only? If I remember right, the Bionic had bout 100ish MB more

Reaction score
The gpu is my biggest concern, but ics also has hardware acceleration so that will help, but most new phones will probably be getting ics (esp for us modders), so that's not a big selling point lol

Everything was pretty amazing and beyond except the gpu lol what were they thinking? "hey what should we do with all these left over gpus from our nexus s phones? "

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums