galaxy nexus battery life

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Yes! Thank you everyone for the help! Today I used 4G all day, and I have about 7% battery life left, and I been using it since about 11:00am this morning. In going on 11 hours. Before it would've been dead after like 2-3 hours

pjkump

Reaction score
JellyB TSM 15 Rom

Glad to hear you got it solved. I've been running the above rom with 4.2.1 for about a month now and I'm getting awesome battery life (for this phone anyway). I run with 4g where signal is really strong, brightness usually 75% and bluetooth, wifi off. I usually get about 15-16 hours during the day (around 2-2.5 hours screen time) and when I plug in at night I still have around 15% left. I found the battery killer culprits to be corporate email (even with sync options once an hour), Google Play Music, and Google Now. I haven't been using those and it has made a huge difference. I know it sucks to not be able to use the full potential of the phone but if I really need it all I can always carry a spare battery.

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Oh wow really? What phone and what ROM? I have Verizon so I'm behind about to updates being I'm not rooted no more. I miss 4.2.2

pjkump

Reaction score
Here are some screenshots. The first one is while using wifi 100% of the time and the next 2 are while using 4G 100% of the time.
Screenshot-1.pngScreenshot-2.JPGScreenshot-3.JPG

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Wow very good, what ROM is that? I'm getting angry with Verizon not letting 4.2.2 out, so I'm almost tempted to root again, burning just worried about battery life

MonKENy

Reaction score
seriously how are you getting that battery life. I dont think ive ever had anyone show that result.

pjkump

Reaction score
seriously how are you getting that battery life. I dont think ive ever had anyone show that result.

It is the ROM I'm running with the 2100mah extended battery I guess. Here is the link to the latest version of the ROM. [ROM][AROMA][4.2.1_r1.2-JOP40G] JellyB-TSM 17 | Very fast | customizable look - xda-developers

The battery results are the same every day so I know the screenshots above are not a fluke. Right now I'm showing just over 7 hours on time/30 minutes screen on time, and I have 80% battery left.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Oh it's the extended battery. Where did you buy the battery? That could be an option. The last I looked the battery wasn't that great so maybe it's gotten better?

pjkump

Reaction score
Oh it's the extended battery. Where did you buy the battery? That could be an option. The last I looked the battery wasn't that great so maybe it's gotten better?

The battery is the one from Verizon. I also tried to see how long the stock battery lasted and got very similar results.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You will need to run at least 4 cycles on the Hyperion battery. The 4th cycle gave me another 2 hours of battery life. I'm getting between 5-7 hours screen time and 19 - 22 hours standby.