G Mail question

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Ok, I thought that if an email comes to your gmail account it would come instanly to your phone. Well yesterday I was sent and email at 3:45pm and it didn't arrive till sometime between 1-6:00 am this morning. Today I was on the phone talking to someone. While on the phone they sent me an email to my gmail account. It never came to my phone. I looked as soon as it was sent online and it was in my gmail but untill I refreshed my inbox about an hour later it wasn't on my phone. What is the issue with gmail? Was what I was told at verizon "all mail sent to your gmail address will come instantly to your phone" a lie to get me to buy the phone? Is anyone else having this problem or can it be fixed? My sync is set to all on my inbox. Number of days to sync is 1 day. Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Droids

Reaction score
I dunno, I have 3 gmail accounts setup on the Droid and all sync immediately, all the time. I've never used the refresh option. I sync 5 days worth. Wish I had a fix for ya.

djc925

Reaction score
Same problem

I am having the same problem. Ever since I did the update, my gmail is not syncing automatically. I have taken the battery out. I have also unchecked the sync box, turned the phone off, and removed the battery and then turned it back on. I am still not getting them pushed to me immediately. I don't know if it has anything to do with the update or just coincidence. I will be open to any suggestions. thank you.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought that if an email comes to your gmail account it would come instanly to your phone. Well yesterday I was sent and email at 3:45pm and it didn't arrive till sometime between 1-6:00 am this morning. Today I was on the phone talking to someone. While on the phone they sent me an email to my gmail account. It never came to my phone. I looked as soon as it was sent online and it was in my gmail but untill I refreshed my inbox about an hour later it wasn't on my phone. What is the issue with gmail? Was what I was told at verizon "all mail sent to your gmail address will come instantly to your phone" a lie to get me to buy the phone? Is anyone else having this problem or can it be fixed? My sync is set to all on my inbox. Number of days to sync is 1 day. Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Ok first "no one lied to get you to buy a phone" Gmail is pushed to the Droid. So I am wondering if you are in 3g mode or 1X 1x or WIFI. As a test I just ene an email from my home PC to my gmail address. it took 18 seconds for me to get the notification. That's pushed EMail.

I would pull your battery and see if that helps. Then test it. Post back your results and maybe we can help you!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Every little issue is a "lie" they told me to get me to buy the phone....I doubt anyone is "talked" into buying....

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Well I tried it again and still not pushed through. Mine has been like this ever since I got the phone the day they were released. I am in 3G mode. Even when I switch it to Wi-Fi here at home still the same issue. I have pulled the battery a couple of times and same result. I was thinking maybe I didn't have a setting exactly right either on my phone or on my gmail account that ma be causing the issue.

As for the "lie" part that was intended as a joke. But lets face it, they are salesmen and will tell you anything. Just my 2 cents!

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Ok, I just tried it again and to my surprise less than 7 seconds it was there. Why can't it do that all the time? Oh, well I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks guys for all your help. BTW, one of my best friends is a Verizon tech, so no pun was ever intended toward Verizon like I said it was meant to be a joke.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just tried it again and to my surprise less than 7 seconds it was there. Why can't it do that all the time? Oh, well I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks guys for all your help. BTW, one of my best friends is a Verizon tech, so no pun was ever intended toward Verizon like I said it was meant to be a joke.

So 7 seconds is pushed. are you only using that account or do you have multiple accts. like pop3 stuff set up?

:edit ..... no worries on the joke

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
That is the only account that I have for my phone. My pop3 and yahoo don't sync to phone. I check them from my laptop. It seems to working now. Have gotten several emails today and they pushed through fine. Confused?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is the only account that I have for my phone. My pop3 and yahoo don't sync to phone. I check them from my laptop. It seems to working now. Have gotten several emails today and they pushed through fine. Confused?

It coul dhave been a server issue not a device or setting issue. either way it's resolved so good thing. FWIW pop3 does work with the droid. From what I read Yahoo seems to have some issues

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I have no need to use my yahoo account. It seems to collect nothing but spam mail. So I leave it for junk. My pop3 account is seldom used. My corporate email I go online and check and my gmail is just close friends and co-workers. So I only use the gmail on my phone.

As for my corporate mail. It is on KerioWebserver. Does anyone know if it could be set up to come direct to my phone? That is all I know about it. I go to Kerio Webserver and enter my username and password. Any ideas? I would like to have this email come straight to my phone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As for my corporate mail. It is on KerioWebserver. Does anyone know if it could be set up to come direct to my phone? That is all I know about it. I go to Kerio Webserver and enter my username and password. Any ideas? I would like to have this email come straight to my phone

I am doing just that with Touchdown....Give it a try. It has a free trial.

Sidewind

Reaction score
I have 2 gmail acounts one was used for the phone setup the other i put in myself but i put it in the email part then i relized that gmail has its own part and put it in there and the mail came almost right away. make sure you have the email setup under the Gmail icon and not the Email icon

lauriep

Reaction score
I think this is a magical forum. Look at all the problems tbhat magically go away as soon as someone posts about it!