FYI Costco Return Policy

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I did this already. I bought the Droid charge on June 29th and was told the same thing. So last Thursday I exchanged it for the bionic no problem.

One catch is you have to return everything including accessory bundles you got. Also it had to be in new condition.

I will buy all my phones from Costco from now on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have no problem doing that. So you didn't have to pay full price for the Bionic? That's pretty good! Now I'm back to wanting the Bionic to hold me over! =) dancedroid

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Ok, I just left Costco and when I was in there I asked them. The guy said that they can do an exchange no problem for the
90 days. So if something else comes them they'll just swap out and either you give them money or (hopefully) you'd get money back depending on the phone. The guy said _don't_ send it back as return our you'll be out of a phone! Just to clear things up!
I think I'm definitely getting it as a hold over if they ever get any in stock. So far they sold out in a few minutes the first day and they've only gotten 3 In since then! o_O

Sent from my CM7'd Droid Prime... JK, I mean Droid X!

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I'm a Costco Rep and the return policy I no and been explained by management is 14 day return on all cell phones. Meaning exchange for a different cell or money back. The 90 day is for an even change of ur current cellphone only. Some of u guys lucked out from what I gathered

Broodcomb DX v5

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
I'm a Costco Rep and the return policy I no and been explained by management is 14 day return on all cell phones. Meaning exchange for a different cell or money back. The 90 day is for an even change of ur current cellphone only. Some of u guys lucked out from what I gathered

Broodcomb DX v5

I would hate to have you as my Costco rep! I like mine better! JK JK!
Anyway, I really need to get this nailed down! I would hate to get stuck with a phone I just wanted to play with! :p I made sure I explained really slowly to him and asked 2 times to confirm. I really don't know whats up! o_O maybe each Costco has their own "subpolicy" or something...

Arius1

Reaction score

Broodcomb DX v5

Sorry but I confirmed this with the warehouses here in the Chicago area and one store manager.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mach330

Reaction score
anyone return theirs yet? Do we jsut return it where we normally return costco stuff or do we have to go thru the wireless place inside? I'm still 50/50 on returning mine. I have until thurs. Also, would they deactive and activate your old 3g phone for you if you return it? any restocking fee like vzw?

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
anyone return theirs yet? Do we jsut return it where we normally return costco stuff or do we have to go thru the wireless place inside? I'm still 50/50 on returning mine. I have until thurs. Also, would they deactive and activate your old 3g phone for you if you return it? any restocking fee like vzw?

So far I do know for sure how you do returns, it's on the link for the return policy. You go to the wireless kiosk and they'll give you a form which you use to send it back.

BTW everybody... I was just reading the return policy and it says you can't exchange or buy a replacement after your carriers trial period is up... that would be Verizon's 2 weeks. So not I'm not sure what the guys told me and I guess some of you just got very blessed!

mach330

Reaction score
ok so i did it. i returned it. i loved everything but the screen. but knowing that, i couldn't force myself to keep this phone for another 20 mos. screen is kind'a important to me so i guess it's time to wait again for the "next big thing". probably another 2 mos for the nexus/prime.

fyi...it's kind'a convoluted for returns in costco. you go to the kiosk, then they give you a form. you go to return merchandise to get your money back. then you go back to kiosk to have them call verizon to get your upgrade eligibility back.

i realize how slow my dinc is now as well as 3G.

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
I was just at Costco. I walked over to the wireless counter and the guy recognized me and asked if I had gotten my Bionic yet. (I've been there several times and my name is on the call list for when they get in a shipment. I'm not surprised he recognized me ;) I told him I couldn't get down there when I got the call so I would wait till the next call. He then proceeded to make me crazy by informing me that a guy had come and bought the last one 5 minutes before I got there. HE TOOK MY BIONIC! Then I asked which way he went, I'll get him! JK He bought it when I was watching the documentary on the TVs! =P Anyway, after I got over my shock that I missed my bionic by a few yards and a few minutes, I asked him to confirm the return policy. He pointed to a _big_ sign on the wall which said they make exchanges up to 30 days. I asked him, and he said 30 days, as long as you bring back everything that came with it no restocking fee, no charges, just a strait up exchange! Soo... I think its pretty much confirmed that at least _my_ Costco will let me exchange it for up to 30 days. The guy is probably getting tired of me asking him, I've already asked him twice! =P :D