Full Screen Calendar Widget?

jarby

Reaction score
I'm using Android Agenda Widget and love it. You can find it in the Android Market.

I loved that widget! But I can't get it to work no matter what I do ever since the update.....I emailed the dev, but still haven't gotten anywhere. It won't sync with the calendar. Only the corporate calendar....Oh well.

If you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know! thanks!

Hmmm... wonder if it's having conflicts with another app. I haven't had any problems with mine and I've got 3 calendars synced (including corp calendar). I've got version 1.0.3 running. Have you tried downloading the old version to see if it works for you?

I actually did try the older version and ran into the same issue. So, I'm guessing you're correct in that it's conflicting with another app somewhere. But I don't have much on my phone to begin with. So, I'm not real sure where to begin. I'm just going to stick with CalWidget for now, reluctantly. Thanks for the info ;)

OP
M

MissLlil

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, those suggestions with give me stuff to play around with and see what I like best =D

FuzzyBeard

Reaction score
I haven't tried the others mentioned. I use S2 Calendar Widget. It has customizable colors, borders, and backgrounds. Displays this month, or next month, or last month, etc. Can use multiple widgets to get a 6 month calendar page. Comes in 2x1, 2x2, 2x3. Haven't seen it on battery use.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Android Agenda widget.

Running the 4X4 calendar widget with no problems. Have not noticed any power drain (I set it to update 1-2 times daily). Has both my personal gmail and corporate calendars on there, with ability to add additional calendars. The reminders work perfectly well, and for conference calls it's great - click on the event and it pops up (or from the reminder) and then can click on the phone number to dial.

Cool thing is they've recently added Astrid tasks. So I got rid of my Astrid widget and just add/delete tasks right from my agenda widget (shows Astrid first in the widget).

Only small complaint is adding or scheduling an event has one default calendar option, which I set to my corp calendar. My less frequently used personal calendar I can manage by clicking on the Retro Date widget on my home screen.

Aximtreo

Reaction score
My favorite calendar apk

I love using Outlook so I can see in text each day's plan and make easy edits if needed. I search until someone recommended Jorte and I love it. The only shortcoming is no full screen view but the dev says he is working on that as an update. You can get it from the app store.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I admit I am still a newbie at this, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to view the current month in Android Agenda widget. I am picking the 4x4 widget so it will be full screen, but right now all I get is the reoccurring event I have set up for every Thursday. It shows the same event 8 times. Am I really that blind that I can not find the setting for that?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, I admit I am still a newbie at this, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to view the current month in Android Agenda widget. I am picking the 4x4 widget so it will be full screen, but right now all I get is the reoccurring event I have set up for every Thursday. It shows the same event 8 times. Am I really that blind that I can not find the setting for that?

I don't believe Android Agenda is what you want. There is no base calendar view (might be if you add a button to launch it, it's under the tools or buttons option on settings). Or you might add a small calendar widget to show the month, and then a 4X2 Agenda widget below on the same screen showing your upcoming appointments.

Agenda is designed to show you your upcoming meeting by day (Astrid integration rocks!). If you want a widget showing your calendar with color codes for days you have appointments then you need a different widget.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded Jorte, and so far it looks pretty good. It isn't 4x4 but 3x4, but so far I like it. I am having some issues with Calendar pad to where it wouldn't let me delete the widget I had on my screen, and I would either have to restart LauncherPro or it would just FC.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using Android Agenda Widget and love it. You can find it in the Android Market.

I loved that widget! But I can't get it to work no matter what I do ever since the update.....I emailed the dev, but still haven't gotten anywhere. It won't sync with the calendar. Only the corporate calendar....Oh well.

What "update" are you referring to? Mine works fine.

BTW, the "CalendarPad" app is a useful alternative.

jarby

Reaction score

What "update" are you referring to? Mine works fine.

BTW, the "CalendarPad" app is a useful alternative.

I talked to the dev....we got it working. I think it wasn't working nicely with some other app. He sent out an update and it's working fine now. Yay! I missed my Android Agenda Widget. All good now! dancedroid

mitchb2

Reaction score
So, Calwidget just displays events? You still have to edit them in the Google calendar?