Corporate Calendar Widget

jgiddens

Reaction score
I have been trying to replicate the blackberry "Today Screen" and until today have been stymied.

CalWidget by Egg 'n stone (egg 'n stone - Android Applications) v.28 now shows the Corporate Calendar (and Google calendar) in a great widget on my home screen. Now I just need widgets that show the first few corporate emails, and the call log.

Any ideas?

Jason

PS. Here is the app link:
bar.calwidget.png

ntaylor

Reaction score
I have been trying to replicate the blackberry "Today Screen" and until today have been stymied.

CalWidget by Egg 'n stone (egg 'n stone - Android Applications) v.28 now shows the Corporate Calendar (and Google calendar) in a great widget on my home screen. Now I just need widgets that show the first few corporate emails, and the call log.
Fantastic. But when you click on the widget, it brings up the Google calendar, not the corporate one, even though I have it specified for no google calendars.

Ditto on the need for an email widget.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
check out Francois Deslandes Pure Messenger in the Market Place. It looks promising. Not sure about Exchange support. Does Google, IMAP and POP ...and it's in EUROS (you have to pay :( )

OP
J

jgiddens

Reaction score
Exchange

It is showing my corporate (Exchange) and Google calendar... it mixes the two calendar and lists all the events. I wonder why it isnt working for you. Do you have any events on your corporate calendar for today?

As far as the Pure ones go the app store says that it doesnt support Exchange yet. :(

ntaylor

Reaction score
It is showing my corporate (Exchange) and Google calendar... it mixes the two calendar and lists all the events. I wonder why it isnt working for you. Do you have any events on your corporate calendar for today?
Sorry I wasn't clear; the widget itself is displaying the events just fine (there are events in the calendar). I don't use google calendar, so it is just my exchange calendar. But when I tap on the widget to launch the actual calendar, it launches the google one (which I don't use and is blank), not the exchange one.

ragnoir

Reaction score
Maybe they have updated it but when I click I get a menu at the top that let's me choose Corporate or Google.

Did you find anything to display a quick glance of Exchange Emails?

ntaylor

Reaction score
Maybe they have updated it but when I click I get a menu at the top that let's me choose Corporate or Google.
You're right, if you change the setting in Misc so that "tap on widget" gives you the options rather than opening the calendar directly. If you do the latter, it just opens the google calendar no matter what. Thanks for pointing that out, it is better than adding a corporate calendar shortcut and taking up more screen real estate, which is what I'd done before.
Did you find anything to display a quick glance of Exchange Emails?
Not yet.