Froyo Proximity

Dinomight

Reaction score
So both me and my wife are using froyo and have noticed that the proximity sensor isn't working. The phone will hang up when our faces bump the screen. I hold my phone a little differently so i've not run in to the problem much but she seems to hang up on a lot of people (since using froyo). I tested both phones and neither will black the screen when you put the phone to your face or when you put a finger over the proximity sensor. I just reverted my wife's phone to a pre-froyo rom and the problem went away. Has anyone else noticed this? are there any solutions.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried loading a different froyo ROM? Might have just been a bug with the one you tried.
Also did you wipe data and cache before installing? Sometime weird things happen if you don't.
Sent from my Droid

OP
D

Dinomight

Reaction score
Ok so i've now tried three different froyo builds (the original "more froyo", simply stunning, and ultimate droid.) all three have the same issue. Can someone else try it out to see if it works for you. ... Place a call, then cover the upper left corner of the phone with your hand. the display should go black until you remove your hand. I can't get it to work in froyo.