Froyo OTA!?

David522

Reaction score
Im rooted 2.2, this ota keeps getting pushed to my phone and its annoying. There anyway i can like make it stop?
Thanks

lowboy

Reaction score
From my understanding if you are running any release below FRG01B it will continue to try updating.
If you have the FRG22 leak you may get the OTA notice also. That's from my understanding. I could be mistaken as I have been mistaken before.

Last edited:

delcopa

Reaction score
From my understanding if you are running any release below FRG01B it will continue to try updating.

I'm running FRG22 and just got the update notice also rooted is this a newer build???

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
How do some people get multiple updates, and I have not gotten any?

delcopa

Reaction score

This is first update I loaded the other build manually...Just thought wouldn't get an update notice since was using a rooted build. Haven't checked my wife's yet she is running the same one as I am.

lowboy

Reaction score
The official update is FRG01B. It maybe looking for just that build. The FRG22 was a leak.
I am running FRG01B and so is my daughter. I rooted both phones and neither of us have gotten any OTA updates. I should have mention something about the leak in my post too.

PKG

Reaction score
Yes i am getting this annoying push notification as well. I do not want to update to 2.2 until i know the audio issue is fixed.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Im rooted 2.2, this ota keeps getting pushed to my phone and its annoying. There anyway i can like make it stop?
Thanks

Install a replacement recovery image and it will block the update after it fails to install the first time. What build of 2.2 are you on, anyway? If it's different from FRG01B, Verizon will attempt to update you.

I'm running FRG22 and just got the update notice also rooted is this a newer build???

FRG22 is newer. However, as it's not official Verizon will attempt to put you on the FRG01B build.

The rollout is random. If you want it, go install it yourself. The update.zip is available from multiple locations here and has been featured on the front page in at least two different threads posted there in the last two weeks.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ircus-continues-frg01b-official-get-here.html For your convenience and because this install offers the "cleanest" install method available for non-rooted users.

The official update is FRG01B. It maybe looking for just that build. The FRG22 was a leak.
I am running FRG01B and so is my daughter. I rooted both phones and neither of us have gotten any OTA updates. I should have mention something about the leak in my post too.

You probably will at some point. Your alternate recovery image will stop the install unless you allow it to install and so far this approach has stopped the update notifications once the install fails.

i'm still on 2.1

Only by choice. See the above link.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes i am getting this annoying push notification as well. I do not want to update to 2.2 until i know the audio issue is fixed.
Is this an issue you personally have experienced? If not, consider the number of people who have updated with ZERO problems whatsoever and remember that every Droid is different.

arirang

Reaction score
Alt Recovery Mode stops nagging OTA FRG01 update

"Your alternate recovery image will stop the install unless you allow it to install and so far this approach has stopped the update notifications once the install fails."

i can confirm that an alt.recover image [CM Recovery] stops the install and nagging OTA notice. when "restart and install" is allowed the OTA will reboot passed "M" then may stall at "!". press volume up rocker and camera button to proceed to recovery console then select reboot.

FWIW, i then opened System Updates, "Your system is currently up to date", and power-cycled a few times and no OTA nag triggered.

-FRG22 P3Droid odexed stock [w/800 OC kernel] highly recommend this BTW. since released, no FC, battery-sipper, 800 OC [governored at 600 w/setcpu]

Last edited: