Froyo Kangerade...market and astro problems...

jbg25

Reaction score
Installed from Rom Manager coming from CM 5.0.7.1.

Overall I am quite happy...but two major things that I have not really read much about here.

Market is SLLLOOOOOWWWWW. Not downloads and installs...just launching and searching the market. It takes longer for the download list page and then each apps page than the download and install combined (by like 2 or 3 times). Ultimately it works...but 1 to 2 mins everytime I open the market do a search or select an app is killing me.

Astro just acts flaky...can reinstall apps using the backup feature. It tells me I have not selected anything to install.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
please use my official help and support thread.. but.. I honestly don't know your issue. My market has been running very smooth and obviously I have used every theme. Did you wipe coming from cyanogenmod? How long have you had the rom on? It may take a little for performance to get better switching to froyo.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
sorry for not using the right thread.

Did a full wipe before loading...has been on phone for a few days now. Things have really settled in nicely and the temp is even better than just a few days ago.

But the issues with Market and Astro persist.

I tried re-installing kangerade from the ROM manager tonight...but the first time it errored out on download of P3Droids 125-1100 kernel...second time I installed with Chevy1 ulv 1.2 kernel and installed the dancing bannana boot animation even though I selected the froyo...and got constant reboots. had to reload my backup.

Was just about to try a different p3d kernel...will let you know the result.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
WTF...talk about wierd. I just finished posting and figured I would check the market one time ... since I just restored.

Low and behold...the market works and flies. Astro still flakes but that is probably and app vs 2.2 issue not a kangerade issue.

I wonder if ROM manager was responsible for this. After the boot loops from the install with Chevys 1.2 kernel...I had to manually open recovery and reload my nandroid.

I did a factory reset...then wiped boot, system, data, and cache twice each. Then I restored the backup I made just before the boot loops (good thing I am paranoid!).

mustang90

Reaction score
I actually had the same issue with the market being very very slow. I just ran the "fix permissions" a couple times and everything is good to go now! Great Rom!!!!

superglen99

Reaction score
Asrto says nothing selected when I try to restore even though all apps are selected. anybody have a solution?

Isaiah

Reaction score
Also when I go into the market and hit menu, downloads it only shows 6 apps. wth?? help!

yeah its weird. give it a while it all came back for me. maybe when theres an update for an app it all comes back. either way its only a temp. problem and goes awaay. don't worry about it :p