Froyo help please

shadykid81

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to go from frg22d back to FRG01B. When I first upgraded to frg01b I used easy root and had a very fast phone. Even without root my phone was running great. Since I manually updated to frg22d my phone has radom resets, very laggy, battery pulls all the time just to use the phone, and just all around horible experiance. All I would like to do is go back to froyo frg01b. I've tried just taking my update frg01b file (that I saved) and manually update the same way I updated to frg22d but it does not let me. Any help would be nice. thx

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to go from frg22d back to FRG01B. When I first upgraded to frg01b I used easy root and had a very fast phone. Even without root my phone was running great. Since I manually updated to frg22d my phone has radom resets, very laggy, battery pulls all the time just to use the phone, and just all around horible experiance. All I would like to do is go back to froyo frg01b. I've tried just taking my update frg01b file (that I saved) and manually update the same way I updated to frg22d but it does not let me. Any help would be nice. thx
Before answering your question I'll say that I'm on FRG22D and have none of those issues. Were I you I'd try to install the FRG22D master OTA first and see if your phone gets happy.

But, if you want to go back to FRG01B, use RSD Lite to flash the FRG01B SBF onto your phone. This will blow the whole phone away (not including /sdcard) and put it to stock FRG01B. The SBF is on Peter Alfonso's downloads page. If you've not used RSD Lite before, give this a shot.

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
Before answering your question I'll say that I'm on FRG22D and have none of those issues. Were I you I'd try to install the FRG22D master OTA first and see if your phone gets happy.

But, if you want to go back to FRG01B, use RSD Lite to flash the FRG01B SBF onto your phone. This will blow the whole phone away (not including /sdcard) and put it to stock FRG01B. The SBF is on Peter Alfonso's downloads page. If you've not used RSD Lite before, give this a shot.

I'm not sure if I downloaded the frg22d master ota update or not. Where could I locate this file and would it be safe to install it over top of what I have?

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score

I'm not sure if I downloaded the frg22d master ota update or not. Where could I locate this file and would it be safe to install it over top of what I have?
A master OTA will install over top of just about anything. It doesn't try to do "patching", it just blows on new copies of everything -- kernel, recovery, formats /system and rebuilds it from scratch, etc. Whether or not that is "safe" I don't know. None of this is "safe" in my opinion. It all carries some risk.