Downgrade to FRG01B

cypherx82

Reaction score
So I just got a call from my mom saying she installed an update (FRG22D I'm assuming) and it broke her Exchange.

I need this fixed by tomorrow so I'm just going to downgrade her Droid back to FRG01B (she was running the leaked version before she updated with the OTA.)

Now, do I just need to run a FRG01B update.zip through recovery or do I need to flash it back to 2.1 to do that?

Thanks.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
5 Droids at work here. Well, 4 and an Incredible. All got this upgrade except mine. All still work with Exchange.
I would look at something else.

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
Well then it's odd that Exchange would break right after the update.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well then it's odd that Exchange would break right after the update.

Not that odd. I've seen on several posts that the FRG22D plugs up some security holes and Exchange unfortunately is one of those.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Its true Micro$oft is sort of a virus, I mean liability. It sort of is too bad the corporate world is monopolized but oh well. Good luck with your issue. I would consider flashing to a custom rom built from source to disable the ota.

Sent by nailing my note to a messanger, punching him thru a window on a 40 story building where on the street level another messanger would take the note from the first messanger and deliver it

chdent

Reaction score
Good post on the most likely culprit here:
HUGE FRG22D Annoyance - Android Forums

Basically, FRG22D includes some exchange security enhancements. After updating, I had to delete my old account and setup a new account. During the setup process, I was asked to grant certain permissions to the exchange admin. For instance, emails on my device can now be wiped remotely. The permissions you're asked to agree to will probably depend on the company's email security policies.

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
Well she refuses to do that the tech guy at her office tells her that she needs to rollback her version. So now I just need someone with the FRG01B update.zip.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
by the way, just noticed your using a droidx, not sure what your mother is using but those OTAs on petes site are for the moto droid only.

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
by the way, just noticed your using a droidx, not sure what your mother is using but those OTAs on petes site are for the moto droid only.

Yeah she has my old Droid.

When I roll her back I'm going to root it and rename her OTA certs so this doesn't happen again.