Froyo Discovery and My first root experience

Retribution

Reaction score
First I don't know if this has been posted before, but as some of you may now know froyo now has shortcuts next to the app launcher, default is phone and browser. Did you know you can change those two shortcuts to anything you want? I found that out by accident, not entirely sure if its Kangerade V 1.0(jrummy 2.2 froyo rom) feature, this is the only froyo rom I have used so far(I confirmed that this is a feature of awd launcher not froyo).

Anyhoot, open up your launcher find what you want to make a short cut(or you can take an icon off your home screens) long press the icon til your back on your home screens and drag it down to where the current browser or phone short cut is, you will see it the currently placed icon glow, release the icon and it should replace the shortcut.

This is my first experience with modding my phone and I have to say with the videos from droid-life its surprisingly easy to get through. The first rom I have tried is the a fore mentioned Kangerade V 1.0 by jrummy and its truly amazing, fast and stable. I am still learning all this nifty rooting stuff and I plan on trying different roms out, but if you have been on the fence about modifying your phone, speaking as a guy who has been going back and forth about it for the last couple months, just do it, its totally worth it. The speed I get from a unofficial, as I understand it not necessarily complete froyo leak is absolutely amazing, I dont think I could go back to a stock 2.1 rom after this, and jrummy customizations are super nice.

Just thought I would share my experience, I have owned my droid since about a week after launch, and I love it, its awesome.

Last edited:

Leonius

Reaction score
Agreed, stock 2.2 is fantastic and kangerade green is my rom of choice at the moment.