Froyo (2.2), When will it be released onto the MotoDroid?

Reaction score
Well i saw that the nexus one's official 2.2 has been leaked.

So we will see roms soon, but for the official version.....prob end of june

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting results so far

(Shameless bump)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suspect that anyone that votes "never" either is just doing it to be a wise guy or hasn't really read any of the information coming out of Google. There is no basis to say never.

Skull One

Reaction score
Actually there is a choice missing:

After Motorola Droid 2 is released.

Simply put, if they don't say when 2.2 for the Droid is being released they can promote the Droid 2 has it and snag a lot of Droid 1 users with upgrades. Then after that dies down, say 2 months later, then they can release the Droid 1 upgrade.

Skull One

Reaction score
I suspect that anyone that votes "never" either is just doing it to be a wise guy or hasn't really read any of the information coming out of Google. There is no basis to say never.

That is viable if they decide the Droid 2 is a better phone and they want to force fanboy's to upgrade.

Droids

Reaction score
"End of June" is leading by a nose. That's what I voted for, and still expect because the Moto Droid is the closest to the Nexus, no Sense or Blur to wait on. Give Verizon 2-3 more weeks to give a thumbs up on it and we'll get it soon enough.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm saying week ending July 9th, starting with July 5th.

If anyone asks why I say that time I can say it's as good a guess as anybody's at this point. :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That is viable if they decide the Droid 2 is a better phone and they want to force fanboy's to upgrade.

Nope, Verizon won't do that. I heard the same thing when I had the Blackberry Storm. They were getting ready to release the Storm 2 and everybody said that we wouldn't be upgraded to 5.0 until after the Storm 2 was released and they were wrong. Update came through about 2 weeks before the release of the Storm 2.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This isn't far fetched. Just got word the Droid 2 will not ship with 2.2.

So they may just update it and the Incredible.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nope, Verizon won't do that.
I don't know hook...

Hear me out on this. The Droid has been upgraded 2 times already. 3 upgrades in a year is rare as you know (I don't know if thats ever happened actually)

VZW may very well "force" the customer to upgrade. The Droid 2 is not going to be a HUGE upgrade from the current device so they may just offer/upgrade 2.2 on it.