Froyo 2.2 & Exchange?

PatheticJoe

Reaction score
Improved Email app also fixed mine and several coworkers exchange issues. Highly recommend it. Just get use to having a PIN on your phone.

manincagejackwilson, I downloaded "Improved Email" from the market and it is working fine. It is a free app that looks 100% like the native app and works identical as far as email, contact and calendar sync.

It did force me to put in a pin number and gave a bunch of warning about IT being able to erase my phone now, but that was expected and should have been the experience with the native app.

Maybe in the next release they will get the native working and I'll switch back, but this is a good alternative.

Zarniwoop

Reaction score
+1 Improved Email FTW

Went into My Accounts, Exchange account, removed the Exchange account
Went into Security, set lock to None (or Pattern Lock if you prefer)

Installed Improved Email from the Market

Set up Exchange account in Improved Email

Had to accept the Exchange features (remote wipe blah blah), just like you'd expect.

Put the old EMail icon in the trash, put the new Email icon (It's Blue colored) on home screen. Other than the new icon, user does not even know it's different. And no PIN code every time they unlock the Droid2.

Perfect!

rochurch

Reaction score
I went through the Improved Email steps, but now I am back where I started. It asks for a pin every time I wake up my phone. I guess I'll give Touchdown a try. At least then I would only have to enter a pin while checking email.
I am putting off rooting my phone as I am having some screen issues and might as VZW for a replacement.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
for me i tried the settings and after I enter the information, hit Next I get Cannot connect to server...

I tried with no secure connection and accept all ssl disabled and can't authenticate..

but touchdown works fine

tennvol

Reaction score
same here, tried improved email, touchdown, k9 mail, and the only one that works is touchdown.

D1 w/ latest Sapphire here...

Musica

Reaction score
I had not heard of Improve Email before. I certainly believe it is wrong to have to buy Touchdown to get Exchange to work again.

It was definitely the Flash 10.1 update that caused the Exchange problem. I had a Droid that synced perfectly until the update. I now have a Droid 2, thanks to Verizon, after spending several hours with Verizon and, less so, Motorola. Motorola reps were all around very unhelpful. I spoke with the Verizon rep on a few different occasions and he was great to deal with, and in the end, very generously exchanged my Droid for a Droid 2 since it had already been proven that the physical phone was not the problem. I have to enter a PIN after the phone goes to sleep, but I can sync to Exchange again and there are improvements in the Droid 2.

jerry

Reaction score
exchange mail apps

What exchange mail app is available with the 2.2 update. I had been using exchange by touchdown, but it is not working after the update.

wesman0415

Reaction score
Since my phone updated to Froyo 2.2 my exchange synch won't work. Asked my local VZW shop to roll me back to 2.1 but that didn't work either.
I'm currently using Improved Email from AppBrain and it works pretty well plus it's *FREE*.
Going to visit my local VZW shop and see if I can beat them into a new phone, Droid 2 or something.

Musica

Reaction score
Jerry it isn't an Exchange app I am talking about but being able to access Microsoft Exchange. It sounds like most here can access it through Touchdown or Improved Mail.

Wesman, that is interesting that the store could roll you back to 2.1 because both Verizon and Motorola said it couldn't be done. Actually, I could still synch after 2.2 but not after the update/patch to it for Flash 10.1.

I don't know if the VZW store would be able to give you a D2. It may need to be a phone rep. The one they sent me was a "Like New". I also know someone who was buying a new phone and got an Incredible for $99 but the phone rep said store folks couldn't cut the same deals. What she got was the $199 online special less another $100. So, I suggest calling VZW and getting to a Level 2 rep who knows about this problem and can send a new model or cut you a good deal. I think I may have mentioned it but my coworker in MT got his upgraded to a D2 but he paid $50.

Vikam

Reaction score
Exchange 2010 will not run on the FRG22D Update,thanks to Raidzero and using his custom APK here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...onal-froyo-bypass-exchange-server-policy.html, then what i did was going in and deleting the e-mail app for corporate e-mail and reinstalled the non policy apk and then it works fine for me.....i can connect and it does not even ask me for a pin or security.

Hope this works for others also

And thanks to Raidzero for figuring this out dancedroid

Vikam

Reaction score
I believe my company is on exchange 2003, but might be on 2007. My problem is that I can't even add my exchange account on FRF22D. I put in all the information for my account, which always worked fine on previous builds BTW, and the stock email app force closed while message "Checking Incoming Server settings" is on the screen.

Touchdown works fine, but I am not a huge fan of the UI and would prefer my calendar integrated with stock.

I even did a full data reset hoping that would fix it up, but no go.

Anymore you cannot add an exchange account going into accounts the way you did before, you have to open the e-mail app and add your e-mail and password, then you go to manual config and add your other info, thats also when you get the option if you want to use Exchange, Imap or Pop. This will work on Exchange 2003 and 2007, but will not work on Exchange 2010, unless you download the app from my previous post