Froyo 2.2 & Exchange?

Gremlin

Reaction score
Has anyone got their exchange to work with Froyo?

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
Won't connect to the server.. tried ip as well.. it is during setup..

rkeller62

Reaction score
I am getting Force Closes on the email app after I input my exchange server settings and it goes to the "Checking Incoming Server Settings" I have removed my account, cleared email app cache and data and formatted system cache from recovery. Getting ready to try full data/cache wipe but not feeling warm and fuzzy that it will resolve the issue.

EDIT: This is all since I did a manual upgrade to the OTA FRG22D version BTW.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
I am getting Force Closes on the email app after I input my exchange server settings and it goes to the "Checking Incoming Server Settings" I have removed my account, cleared email app cache and data and formatted system cache from recovery. Getting ready to try full data/cache wipe but not feeling warm and fuzzy that it will resolve the issue.

let me know if it worked.. I am running liquid rom..

rkeller62

Reaction score

let me know if it worked.. I am running liquid rom..

It did not work. Not sure where to go from here except possibly trying to load the full FRG01B update.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know... I have already purchased Touchdown.... One of coworkers has a droid, was trying to figure out if 2.2 would have fixed the issue

rkeller62

Reaction score
The bad thing for me is that email worked great for me on all versions through FRG01B. My IT group enables security policies on our exchange servers but does not force them to be enforced.

I have been forced to try Touchdown at this point to get. Currently running in demo mode hoping to get stock email issue figured out before trial expires. I like some things in touchdown but really don't like the interface at all and the fact that the calendar is not integrated with stock one.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
I do not mind touchdown.. I liked the new interface compared to the old one..

Do you know what version of Exchange server you guys running on your end? We have Exchange 2003 server and I am thinking that is the culprit at my end...

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I do not mind touchdown.. I liked the new interface compared to the old one..

Do you know what version of Exchange server you guys running on your end? We have Exchange 2003 server and I am thinking that is the culprit at my end...

2003 here and no problems. Did not have to change anything after the update. I am using Touchdown, which I really like, but my partner is using the stock client with no issues.

badog

Reaction score
Exchange works fine, but FRG22D does not read the policies correctly. We changed the policies on the server to not require password and the phone still forces one. We changed to require a PIN and the phone gives that option. We changed the policy to require a PIN that is 5 characters or more and the phone see's that. We then changed it to require a PIN with 1 character and the phone forces you to use 4 characters. Setting PIN policy to no charceter length and the phone forces 4.

FRG22D is retarded when it comes to Exchange. My tests are on Exchange 2010.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
2003 here and no problems. Did not have to change anything after the update. I am using Touchdown, which I really like, but my partner is using the stock client with no issues.

aargh...

can he take pics of his setup :p

I guess the only way to test it out is to go back to my old job place and try it out.. The guy who set it up might have messed the settings up.. I am not good at configuring Exchange since I do not have experience with it ..

dylanthecat

Reaction score

aargh...

can he take pics of his setup :p

I guess the only way to test it out is to go back to my old job place and try it out.. The guy who set it up might have messed the settings up.. I am not good at configuring Exchange since I do not have experience with it ..

Exchange is hosted by a 3rd party, so i have no way of doing that, sorry.

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I had no issues with setting it up. No changes made to server either. Just put the info in and on my way i went