Front facing camera

javipoo

Reaction score
Fring worked for me between my Droid 3 and Droid 2. My droid 3 used front facing, with the ability to use the back camera, but with the droid 2 all I saw was their back camera.
still, it works tho'...

Lorek

Reaction score
Thanks. Fring work for my droid 3

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
I installed a hacked version of Skype from XDA it works great on both 3G and wifi and between phones and PC.
xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!

I installed this on both my wife's Droid 3 and my Droid 3. This hacked version of Skype (it is the one with the blue background icon; the pre-installed version has a white background).

The front-facing camera is automatically invoked for a video call. The video was pretty good; we tested with both on wifi and on 3G, Fairly smooth on wifi with some chop encountered when both were on 3G. Be forewarned, with video, you use up battery life quickly. USB charge connection seems to keep you even and AC charge will actually charge when using this version of Skype.

Bob

irbaboon0315

Reaction score
Does our phones have a front facing camera, its has a skype app, but how would it be used? There is a spot in the top right corner of the phone between the screw and the red line in the center of the phone, could that be it? If not, what is that for and how do you use skype?

cbreze

Reaction score
Does our phones have a front facing camera, its has a skype app, but how would it be used? There is a spot in the top right corner of the phone between the screw and the red line in the center of the phone, could that be it? If not, what is that for and how do you use skype?
No front camera. I think that thing might be the sensor that turns screen off when it's up to your ear. I thought skype could be used without any camera at all. Just voice.