From motorola droid to htc eris then back to motorola droid again.

diginet

Reaction score
So I initially had a motorola droid which I lined up for when it just first came out and it was great except for things such as ( i won't list everything just a few):

1. slow to calendar sync with exchange
2. can't download html attachment from email
3. can't accept meeting request directly from email
4. can't open .vcf attachment
5. not signature in exchange
6. can't sort email in exchange
7. can't search for email in exchange
etc...

Anyway, my wife got the htc eris and it could do all that, so I switched to the htc eris, and it does pretty much all that I need, but its slow... the delay/lag is really starting to bug me.

So my question is, i know that the motorola droid has gotten an update , and i wanted to know if what i've listed have been addressed by the updates? Because if so I may just go back to the motorola droid again.

I would wait for the nexus one , but i hear that it doesn't have the ability to sync calendar with exchange.

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Shinobi326

Reaction score
I have a different list of gripes and i'm currently on the fence as to keeping the Moto Droid or going to Eris (I made my own thread about this). My wife has the Eris and loves it, and I love the formfactor, etc. too. Like you, I am concerned about long-run speed of it compared to Moto Droid.

I still haven't turned in my rebate form yet as I'm holding out for 2.1 update for Moto Droid and the 2.0 update for the Eris before I make my final decision.

OP
D

diginet

Reaction score
I had an iphone 3gs which i kept for a couple of months then I switched to the motorola droid. I didn't realize that Exchange support on it was that bad. I figured it would be at least as good as the iphone Exchange support, but I was wrong.

I think htc eris would be almost perfect if was just faster...

I keep hoping that maybe when the 2.x update it would get faster, but who am I kidding... it's processor is just underpowered.

Now, I'm hoping that the Nexus one by the time it comes out for verizon it would do what I've listed, but I'm a bit skeptical since they released it with android 2.1 and it can't even do a calendar sync with exchange. To me, that's crazy on a superphone.

If motorola droid have addressed the issues I've listed on my original post, I would go buy it again. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light if it has. Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I had an iphone 3gs which i kept for a couple of months then I switched to the motorola droid. I didn't realize that Exchange support on it was that bad.

Touchdown makes Exchange a piece of cake...:icon_ banana:

OP
D

diginet

Reaction score
I had an iphone 3gs which i kept for a couple of months then I switched to the motorola droid. I didn't realize that Exchange support on it was that bad.

Touchdown makes Exchange a piece of cake...:icon_ banana:

I tried touchdown, but as I recall it doesn't go back that far (date/range). Also, I like the native apps to work with Exchange so that it can sync contact photos.