from BB to Droid last night

GuidedKaos

Reaction score
How about this for romance meant for men...My wife totally surprised me with the Droid for Valentines Day!

I was making noise about tiring of my BB Pearl. It was getting long in the tooth. So now I am gleefully puttering with the Droid interface, and figuring out how to get the productivity I am accustomed to.

A few initial observations:
  1. Un-friggin-believable display. Almost hurts to look at it, it's so crisp.
  2. Cant wait to try the navi. Looks so capable and cool. Is there any compelling reason to have a $2000 navi car option anymore? Nope.
  3. Slide keyboard is just ok, hard to say whether I will use it vs. the graphic one. I am used to the Pearl predictive type and key/ball feel for better or worse. Time will tell.
  4. Trying to decide how I am going to carry this around. It's too heavy for pockets IMO, so probably a holster? Not a big fan of holster hauling though...
  5. I am a bit perplexed for the moment about its email capabilities: I have not gotten a successful link to my secure (https) corporate microsoft exchange server and this was effortless with the BB. Hmm....Same thing with yahoo email. Well I guess that's what forums are for. I welcome any thoughts and shout-outs, and off I go to get some forum help, and maybe spin up some threads.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, GuidedKaos! What a nice Valentine's Day present! What a nice wife! And what did you get for her?)

This forum is a great place to learn. Just read, read, and then read some more and if you still can't find the answer, ask! Someone will be along to help you out. Enjoy your stay!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use gmail so that was a snap.
I carry mine in my pocket...no change, no keys, absolutely nothing else in there but the phone. No holster for me and you may find it never leaves your hands anyways!

I used a protective cover for 2 months, been fine so far with nothing on it since.

Car dock and the home dock for accessories and I'm all set.

In GPS mode it will go through your battery so make sure you're plugged in while navigating in the car.

Welcome aboard!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello GuidedKaos and welcome....

You'll get used to the feel of the Droid...I carry mine in my pocket and it doesn't seem to feel or anything....as for the email, it just works a little different on Android and you'll figure out how you want it set up.....it's definitely not going to be like BlackBerry's email services, that's what they are known and commended for, they are the best "corporate email" devices out there....

But once you set it up on the Droid, you'll find that it does it's job pretty decent...