From BB Storm to DX.... a few questions...

hiag

Reaction score
I just got my DX yesterday and I have been a BB user for the past 5 years. I have a few questions regarding how to do things on the DX that were basic on the Storm.

1. How to do I close apps when I'm done with them? On BB, you open a menu and have to close apps so they are not running in the back but I can't seem to find any buttons to turn them off on the DX.

2. How do I copy and paste?

3. Is there a menu button? I feel like the phone is a little over simplified that I'm getting lost.

4. My phone synced my contacts with facebook and all of a sudden I have everyone from FB on there. How do I remove facebook contacts from my original contacts. Also, It merged everyone with the same name into a single contact. How do I fix that? I can't seem to separate contacts.

5. Do I always have to use the Power button to turn on my screen?

Okay, sorry there were so many questions. I just can't seem to find a good tutorial page on these topics. Thank you!!

LouS

Reaction score
Also came from BB Storm...

1. Just back out of them using back key.

2. Touch and hold the text area and you should get a pop-up menu.

3. First hard button on left is menu.

4. Unless you delete the FB acct, I don't think you can remove the FB contacts. You can go to the top of the contact list and select only phone contacts but on next power up, it will default back to all.

5. Power button or Home Key...

OP
H

hiag

Reaction score
Also, one other question. How do you hide apps?

OP
H

hiag

Reaction score

1. Just back out of them using back key.

3. First hard button on left is menu.

4. Unless you delete the FB acct, I don't think you can remove the FB contacts. You can go to the top of the contact list and select only phone contacts but on next power up, it will default back to all.

5. Power button or Home Key...

Thank you!

garath

Reaction score
Also, one other question. How do you hide apps?

you can't hide apps from the total app tray. But with 7 home screens you shouldn't have too many difficulties finding places for all the ones you use regularly.

maligirl

Reaction score

i can't seem to get this work in an email. i am pressing and no menu pops up unless i am on the contact who sent it. then i am getting view contact, call contact, send text...

any other suggestions?

Reaction score
If you use LauncherPro, (a excellent home replacement with a TON of additional options) it gives you the ability to hide apps from the app drawer.

garath

Reaction score

i can't seem to get this work in an email. i am pressing and no menu pops up unless i am on the contact who sent it. then i am getting view contact, call contact, send text...

any other suggestions?

I believe that feature is coming with 2.2, at least with the gmail app.