freeing up space

atomicrm

Reaction score
hi on my droid incredible i moved all my songs to the phone then deleted al of them but the space didnt free up. on my internal storage i only have 1gb left when i should have almost the entire space free. what do i do? and what are the best ways to sync droid incredible with itunes on a mac?
thanks

OP
A

atomicrm

Reaction score
itunes agent is only for windows isnt it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi on my droid incredible i moved all my songs to the phone then deleted al of them but the space didnt free up. on my internal storage i only have 1gb left when i should have almost the entire space free. what do i do? and what are the best ways to sync droid incredible with itunes on a mac?
thanks

Um, are you certain you have 1GB of internal memory left? I didn't think there was that much memory. I have 164mb of space left on my internal storage. If you have a GB then you have tons of free memory.

Try double twist for syncing your mac's iTunes. Works great.

OP
A

atomicrm

Reaction score
While 1 GB is still a lot of space 7 GB is used up with nothing. I delete things and memory space is not freed up. The gripe isnt over lack of space its over the fact that I can't free up space deleting things.

waynester

Reaction score
thanks

On SD card & phone storage > Internal phone storage > Available space you only have 1GB showing?

Maybe drastic but you do have option of "Format phone storage" which would erase or you could try deleting via usb hook-up

Last edited:

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Try, when synchronized as mass storage, go to your control panel and go to folder options, advanced settings, and enable/click on show hidden files. Apply. Then go look at your SD card and phone on your computer and see if you really have everything deleted.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
A

atomicrm

Reaction score
That fixed it. I had to use a different method becuz I'm on a mac. For some reason when you delete things it keeps a trash file that is hidden. Thanks all.

waynester

Reaction score
OK, I'm a PC and a past win-mo user, so is this a mac thing or is this common to android OS?
As of this moment I haven't deleted anything.

I am new to android/Linux OS.
Though i do know that Linux works it's files/folders in a more secure/different way then win.

mlaws9

Reaction score
If you're a Mac user, sometimes the problem is as simple as emptying the trash. Just like with a flash drive, the space on the disk won't show up as recovered till you empty the Mac's trash can. Dumb but true.