Free Goodies That Come With The Galaxy Note 5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung has done a pretty awesome job in the past of offering some great extra free goodies with their flagship devices. The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge both came with a free year of Netflix. I was actually able to rack up 2 free years since I bought one of each device and was really hoping they would offer the same thing on the Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Unfortunately this has not been the case, but Samsung has still delivered on some great free stuff.

What you get for free:
-ArtRage - a sketch app worth $5
-The Economist - Free 6 month subscription worth $64
-The Guardian - ad free subscription worth $24
-Kindle for Samsung - 1 free ebook per month worth $50
-Lifesum - 6 month subscription for dieting and exercise
-MicroSoft Onedrive - 100GB of storage for free $48 value
-Sketchbook - features and brushes unlocked for free
-Driver Speedboat Paradise - Free Premium ingame boat
-Empire Four Kingdoms - Free starter package to get your kingdom started
-Hearthstone - 3 free card packs and an exclusive card pack
-Komoot - 3 regional map bundles with real-time navigation
-NY Times - 3 month subscription US and Canada
-Scribd - 3 of unlimited access to over 1 million ebooks $27 value
- TripAdvisor - 15% up to $100 off your next trip booked through the app

Some of these "freebies" come in the form of preinstalled bloatware (empire four kingdoms, Hearthstone). Not all of these deals are for everyone, but everyone should be able to find at least one freebie that appeals to them.

via Phandroid

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
hmmm... still not enough to push me over the edge.

I just found out today I've not upgraded on my lines since 2011... they offered me some free phones... I told them they can't take my unlimited..... thankfully I have 2 lines without unlimited..

maybe it's time to use them. especially if they're offering free phones :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What I like most about these free gifts that Samsung delivers with their latest devices is that they're all optional. You can download them if you'd like to take advantage, but they're not preloaded garbage if you don't.

It makes great sense to me that they push a free drawing app or two with the s pen. I need to remember to check the Kindle app each month for my free book from buying my Note 4. I prefer Google Books when actually reading, so I forget that I've redeemed a few of those since buying the phone and I also forget to go check the synopsis on the options each month.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any offered I the Samsung for Kindle that I really want so far but it's nice to have in case I ever do. I think I saw the offer here a few months back and grabbed it.
Komoot is really nice if you're into hiking or other activities where you'd want more than just street maps. I got that app back in June (I think) and grabbed the 3 free regions. For those who have a Gear it has a companion app like Maps or Here.
I don't know how I got Sketch unlocked but it's on the Note4. Maybe it was embedded when I bought the phone. I've used it a couple of times but I'm not very good at it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4