free droid battery door !!!

windstrings

Reaction score
I just did the same and got the same response. Verizon wanted to sell me one. Thanks for posting.

David

Verizon always has excellent customer service... the reason they sell them is not to squeeze another 5 bucks out of you but to prevent koolaid drinkers from ordering 30 of them and selling them on ebay for a profit.

Motorolla either is not as astute or is so big they don't care, or both.

But my hats is off to them for providing them for free..... too bad they also leave themselves open for abuse.

cuskit

Reaction score
Forget VZW! They're still trying to find 2.1! :icon_ banana:

Meanwhile - I've finally lost my cover for good (somewhere in a local hospital while visiting my Dad). I instituted a live chat with Motorola - they are FedExing a replacement with the "new, improved, will not fall off" battery cover! No charge - yippie! :) That's the kind of customer service I appreciate and applaud! :)

Here's a screen shot of my live chat, as well as the email confirmation I received seconds after hanging up on the chat. Way to go Motorola! :) :)

Note in the end of the live chat about the 2.1 release! ;) mikey

Click on photo for enlarged view:
View attachment 5185 View attachment 5186

Brokn68

Reaction score
Missed the free promo, but nice to see Motorola take care of the customer.

mills

Reaction score
Last week I initiated the "online chat" option on the Motorola website expressing my concern about my faulty battery door (very easily fell off). No questions really asked, gave them my address and two days later it was on my door step. Excellent service through them.

Same here, the service was incredible and fast.

chudilo

Reaction score
Motorola took care of me as well. Initiated a chat session. complained about a faulty door. They will send a new one out for free.

Here is my conversation with the rep:
Evelina A: Hi, my name is Evelina A. How may I help you?
me: I, like many others, have a faulty battery door on my Droid.
Evelina A: Hello, I am sorry to hear about that problem. I will be more than happy to help you with it.
Evelina A: we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your battery cover but please note that Motorola stands behind our products by offering a oe-year warranty issued from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover physical or liquid damage and is applicable to all the products that were manufactured for the US market. If you prefer I can send you a new back cover for free
Evelina A: If you are agree with it, may I please have your physical address?
me: does the new one lock like they normally do, or just a tighter fit?
me: My address is: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Brooklyn NY XXXXXXXXX
Evelina A: You will not have any issue with the new back cover I will send you as it was improved
Evelina A: Thank you, you will receive it in a week, if you prefer I can send you an email with the order#, ok?
Evelina A: Do you have any other question?
me: Do you have any idea when the 2.1 update is supposed to come out ?
me: is there a place where we can download it ourselves without waiting for Verizon to serve it over the air ?
Evelina A: We still do not have the exact date yet. Once it is ready you will see the message in your phone screen

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Motorola took care of me as well. Initiated a chat session. complained about a faulty door. They will send a new one out for free.

Here is my conversation with the rep:
Message.gif
Evelina A: Hi, my name is Evelina A. How may I help you?
Message.gif
me: I, like many others, have a faulty battery door on my Droid.
Message.gif
Evelina A: Hello, I am sorry to hear about that problem. I will be more than happy to help you with it.
Message.gif
Evelina A: we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your battery cover but please note that Motorola stands behind our products by offering a one-year warranty issued from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover physical or liquid damage and is applicable to all the products that were manufactured for the US market. If you prefer I can send you a new back cover for free
Message.gif
Evelina A: If you are agree with it, may I please have your physical address?
Message.gif
me: does the new one lock like they normally do, or just a tighter fit?
Message.gif
me: My address is: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Brooklyn NY XXXXXXXXX
Message.gif
Evelina A: You will not have any issue with the new back cover I will send you as it was improved
Message.gif
Evelina A: Thank you, you will receive it in a week, if you prefer I can send you an email with the order#, ok?
Message.gif
Evelina A: Do you have any other question?

Message.gif
me: Do you have any idea when the 2.1 update is supposed to come out ?
Message.gif
me: is there a place where we can download it ourselves without waiting for Verizon to serve it over the air ?
Message.gif
Evelina A: We still do not have the exact date yet. Once it is ready you will see the message in your phone screen
Hmmm, it appears some of your post was chopped off - I've posted it for you:

Message.gif
Evelina A: We still do not have the exact date yet. Once it is ready you will see the message in your phone screen. Please do NOT leave your phone unattended as the update could arrive at any second - should you not be there waiting you will lose your place in line. Then you will have to wait another four months for 2.2, which I understand we will be sending out very soon. Actually, we are hoping this will stimulate another 10,000 posts on droidforums.net as this thread has bumped the movie Avatar for being the most viewed subject in the history of mankind. Is your finger poised to press "ok" when the update arrives? You will have exactly .ooo4 seconds to respond or you lose. We have a lot of updates to send out and we don't want to be waiting on any slackers here! We run a tight, punctual and exacting ship here - timing is very crucial to us so don't blow it! :icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil: