free droid battery door !!!

dro

Reaction score
I remember a guy bragging about having more than 60 doors on the way, and said to watch for them on eBay. I ordered mine free on through Motorola. It sits super snug but the top near the camera is not flush and somewhat loose, and also leaves a small gap, which almost everyone else is experiencing with the new doors. It is one problem or another, wish they would just spend a couple more bucks and make a damn door that fit precisely.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember a guy bragging about having more than 60 doors on the way, and said to watch for them on eBay. I ordered mine free on through Motorola. It sits super snug but the top near the camera is not flush and somewhat loose, and also leaves a small gap, which almost everyone else is experiencing with the new doors. It is one problem or another, wish they would just spend a couple more bucks and make a damn door that fit precisely.

Well, I just put the new door on and if I see what I think you're complaining about then I got to be honest with you. You're being too picky.

The only difference I really see is that the new door doesn't have Verizon on it. They both had a little plate on the inside, didn't see much difference there.

I never had a problem with the battery door so maybe I had a good one to start with.

Edit: It does say Verizon on the back of the door. So I don't see any difference what so ever.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I got a few doors from the original batch that was sent out (the free ones, of course), and boy, was I ever glad I did. The other day, I started noticing my battery door was falling off every time I took my phone out of my pocket. My Seidio Innocase stopped fitting, so I've had to carry my Droid naked. Took the old door off, opened up one of the new ones... Snug as a bug in a rug. :)

dro

Reaction score

Well, I just put the new door on and if I see what I think you're complaining about then I got to be honest with you. You're being too picky.

The only difference I really see is that the new door doesn't have Verizon on it. They both had a little plate on the inside, didn't see much difference there.

I never had a problem with the battery door so maybe I had a good one to start with.

Edit: It does say Verizon on the back of the door. So I don't see any difference what so ever.

I'm not asking them for another one or anything, it could have even been bent in shipping. I had to modify it to make it fit better. When I first received it the top near the camera was raised so far that I could easily slip a credit card under it. I bent it so it sits better but I still have a small gap, which I am sure allows lint and dust into the internals of the phone. Like I said, I am not gonna send it back again but I just prefer not to see defects on such a costly device. If you bought the baddest, newest, sexiest car and then noticed the bumper sat just a liiiitle crooked, would you let it ride? I could be wrong but I expect a top of the line item to be flawless, no matter what it is. A phone, watch, pair of sunglasses, etc. I can live with my slightly sloppy battery door, but once you notice something like that it is hard to just forget about it. Same thing with the return key click (the screen hitting the keyboard) I wish I would have never read about that, likely would not have noticed.

I think these doors are being made by a third party, my new one is not the same as my original, and it sounds like your new one is different than my new one as well. My new one looks exactly the same from the outside, but extends slightly further over the speaker grill than my original door. On the inside, they booth look the same except the new one does not have the black coating on the inside edges. The inside of the new door is bare, with just the soft pad. The original door has the soft pad and about 2mm of the black coating on the edges.

Original door on left, new one on right
doors.jpg

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking them for another one or anything, it could have even been bent in shipping. I had to modify it to make it fit better. When I first received it the top near the camera was raised so far that I could easily slip a credit card under it. I bent it so it sits better but I still have a small gap, which I am sure allows lint and dust into the internals of the phone. Like I said, I am not gonna send it back again but I just prefer not to see defects on such a costly device. If you bought the baddest, newest, sexiest car and then noticed the bumper sat just a liiiitle crooked, would you let it ride?

That's just it I don't see the defect you're talking about. To me it looks absolutely fine. On mine if there is a raise on the door it's less the 1/64 of an inch, very minute.

Sorry I didn't mean to insult you by saying you're picky if that's where you thought I was going with that. I just don't see what's to complain about.:)

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Fantastic, you never know when a new door will come in handy, ordered 3 for myself! thanks for the tip!

Wow, how inapropriate. Why do you need 3 doors? This is the reason why things like battery doors are charged for; people like you who take "free" as "I want as many as I can get".

strahan

Reaction score
I am new to verizon and can't find the battery door. Please explain step by step
Thanks

dvap00

Reaction score
Last week I initiated the "online chat" option on the Motorola website expressing my concern about my faulty battery door (very easily fell off). No questions really asked, gave them my address and two days later it was on my door step. Excellent service through them.

davidh2497

Reaction score
I just did the same and got the same response. Verizon wanted to sell me one. Thanks for posting.

David