(([[{{Free calls with VoIP using GV and Sipdroid only-1/27/11))]]}}

cabalja

Reaction score
Screwed up the GV activation of new account on sipdroid

Alright. I screwed up something. I keep getting an error when I try to register my sipdroid account with my phone. In the notification bar it say my pbxes account is "registering" but always ends up saying "registration failed (timeout)".

Could someone please post all of the settings in the trunk in their account? I tried to delete the Gtalk trunk to see if I could re-register my googlevoice account and it won't do it. It had put in some automatic settings in sipdroid and it would be helpful to know which ones it put in.

Otherwise, does anyone know how to "unregister" your googlevoice account with sipdrop so that it can be "reregistered" again ?

Thanks.

Droid Incredible with CM7 Build 26

gobbles23

Reaction score
Okay I had this working at one point when I first set it up. I did a sbf and tried to set it up again and I keep getting registration failed. I cannot do the pbxes setup at the beginning due to already having an account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

clamhandsmcgee

Reaction score
I changed my ROM also, and couldn't get my settings back. If you log into http://pbxes.org you can delete your account, under personal data. Then in settings/applications/manage apps/sipdroid force stop then clear data. Then you should be able to start fresh.

gobbles23

Reaction score
I will have to try that tomorrow. You just deleted your whole account?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

clamhandsmcgee

Reaction score
Yes, delete your pbxes account and let Sipdroid create you a new one. The other option is to log into your pbxes account and copy your info into Sipdroid manually, but my opinion is that it is 2011 why should I have to do things manually?

eggsped

Reaction score
Okay - apparently I'm missing something. Why would you want to use Sipdroid when I can use google voice callback?

From what I can see, VOIP. I plan on spending a couple of weeks in the Caribbean and from what I can see sipdroid will allow me to make VOIP calls through wifi for free, Google Voice Call back will require me to use roaming minutes.

Right now I have both up and running on my phone as separate methods of calling. I'll use Google Voice Call back to test, I rarely come close to using my alloted minutes, I have no friends so I'm not sure it will do much good for me. But VOIP has benefits for the rare occasions that I travel outside of VZ areas.

BarryHalls

Reaction score
need some help please

Ok, so I need a little help here lol...

pbxes has stopped allowing automatic signups thru sipdroid. I had it all setup and working and did a fresh install so I deleted my account and went to have them automatically set it up again thru the button in sipdroid however maximum of automatic accounts and not allowed to do that way. So I recreated a pbxes account manually I just need to know what information I need to put in to make it work now lol.... create a new sip trunk with some info i know that but i dont know the info to put and i dont know what i need to add to inbound / outbound... basically im asking what are the basic settings that it put in when it originally auto created my account by linking to my gvoice? cause gvoice is all setup just need to redo settings on pbxes.

any help would be so greatly apprecieated... i am at a loss here and i cannot find anywhere that states this info.

EDIT

okay looks like a gtalk trunk cannot be setup without paying 5$ a month until they open up new auto setup accounts in may 2011... awell... looks like I will have to wait. Lesson learned.... do not delete your account just because it WAS easier than manually entering in settings... do it manually...

Last edited:

MaelstromOC

Reaction score
All I did was change my google password and now it seems to be broken, even though I updated all the information in my account on the website... I wonder if I got caught in the middle of the "no more gv accounts" thing even though all I tried to do was update my pass....

tattoosynn

Reaction score
sipdroid and pbxes account reset???

I had the same problems as well. Bad thing is that the only way I know to completely delete the account is to get the paid package the delete. But What I did was Go to the trunk and delete all of that and then go to personal and delete all of that as well. Submit and don't forget to click the red bar that appears at the top afterwards. That saves yor changes.
It doesnt completely delete your account, so now its just a screen name with an empty account. with that done now you have to uninstall google voice and sipdroid so its a clean install and thats pretty much it If you dont uninstall G. voice when you are trying to re-do sipdroid, that little bar in sipdroid that says set up pbxes (or whatever) wont show up and you will keep spinning your wheels. Man I did eveyting,been eveywhere lookin and finally this is what I did and it worked straight away. Incoming and outgoing. I didnt have to change or adjust anything. It lasted about a week and now I cant make outgoing calls for some reason. Incoming and in and out text, no prob. I think it is something to do with one of the three different resources, google voice/sipdroid/pbxes having problems or something. I dont know but it drove me crazy and now its happening again. I'll try to find the thread that I found and hit you back with it if you are still in need by that time, if I CAN LOCATE IT. Hope everything works out. Good luck>