freaking calendar

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I'm getting sick and tired of putting events in my calendar just to find out Terr they didn't go in, or that they went to the wrong date, or deleting events just to have then pop back up. The ics calendar is a freaking POS! ! ! ! !

Scribble

Reaction score
I'm getting sick and tired of putting events in my calendar just to find out Terr they didn't go in, or that they went to the wrong date, or deleting events just to have then pop back up. The ics calendar is a freaking POS! ! ! ! !

I reccomend Jorte. It's the best calendar app I've seen. I've been using it since my Original Droid.

kac8866

Reaction score
I like Calengoo. Better widget selection than Jorte in my opinion. Plus it syncs with Google Tasks nicely.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Jorte does not recognize phone numbers in conference call format. Had to go back to stock.

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Well I've been using jorte so far and its ok. I fiddled with my wifes calendar on her 4s running ios6 and it is basically like the old stock calendar. :'(

makoti

Reaction score
Been using Business Calendar Free for sometime, now. I think it works pretty well.

skidoo

Reaction score
Sincere question: What's wrong with the stock ICS calendar app?

I'm a heavy task list user (Note Everything and Team Tasks' Tasks app), and I'd say lite to medium calendar user (ICS stock calendar for months now).

Does the stock calendar actually "randomly" drop events and set the times wrong?

I ask because I'll be using calendaring a lot more in the near future.

Thanks for any info.

___
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't have a problem as the only thing on it is Birthdays or some event that I'm going to. I don't have "Meeting from 2:00-2:20" stuff on it.

jssmith76

Reaction score
I've been using the stock Google calendar since my OG Droid, have even had it synced to the wife's calendar and vise-versa. Birthdays, appointments, etc... Everything has worked fine for me and the wife (as long as she remembers to look at it). Haven't had any problems of tasks self-deleting, changing times, dates, etc...

Dolly

Reaction score
Mine is fine as well. Synced with my husband. No problems at all.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Sincere question: What's wrong with the stock ICS calendar app?
I'm a heavy task list user (Note Everything and Team Tasks' Tasks app), and I'd say lite to medium calendar user (ICS stock calendar for months now).
Does the stock calendar actually "randomly" drop events and set the times wrong?
I ask because I'll be using calendaring a lot more in the near future.
Thanks for any info.

I work at a location where my signal is marginal. I find that if I delete appointments they often re-appear, presumably due to not having a signal when it attempts sync. I've never seen it lose a meeting I've entered. One functional annoyance though is that they still don't allow the entry of every-other-week meetings. You can enter them on their website, but not on your phone.