Calendar Sync problem

sandman1987

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to force the DX to sync calendars WITHOUT making them not visible? Here's my issue.....

Upgraded to DX from the D1. When I activated the calendar only sync'd 30 days prior to my activation date. I need to access from my phone older events. The events are still on my Google calendar but they won't sync to the phone. I tried to trick the phone and manually changed the date to a 2009 date. To get the calendar to sync I had to make the account not visible and then not sync. Then I turned both back on. THe calendar then sync'd from the 2009 date forward up to 11 months from what it thinks is the current date (giving me all my old events I needed). So I go change the date back to current. Go back to accounts and try to sync again (to get this months events). As soon as I check to make the calendar not visible (the only way to get it to sync) I lose all my old events.

So what I want to try is to get the calendar to sync without unchecking the Visible button. The D1 had a Sync Now button or something, but I can't find it on the DX. I did try checking and unchecking the Enable background data through Data Management, but that didn't force a sync either.

musicman

Reaction score
Menu-settings-accounts-google account-menu-sync

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cornholeo

Reaction score
Got a friend who is new to the X. His problem with calendar sync is that when you go here Menu-settings-accounts-google account, sync calendar is not even listed. Any ideas?

Bum454ss

Reaction score
Got a friend who is new to the X. His problem with calendar sync is that when you go here Menu-settings-accounts-google account, sync calendar is not even listed. Any ideas?

Same problem here... I've had the X since August and love it. My wife got one today and can't seem to figure out the calendar thing.

musicman

Reaction score
When you go to google account you have to push the menu button to get the sync option to display.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fertig 70

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Just got the droid x. Calendar sync is not an option when I try to force the sync. I had never used the google calendar before I got the phone, so I thought that maybe this was causing my problem. I created a second google account, set it to share with my primary account, still no calendar sync on either account.

Cornholeo

Reaction score
OK, my buddy had to hard reset his phone as per Vrizon to get it to show up. He used the backup feature to restore all his contacts and apps and all is it should be.

Jellomania

Reaction score
I had to do the same with my husband's dx. Hard reset fixed three problem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

baboon619

Reaction score
My wifes D2 was doing the same and a phone reset did the trick. It did not reset her whole phone like the warning messages led us to believe.

Sent from my DROIDX