foxfi wanting password for credential storage ??? don't have a clue

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This is probably a problem with the data storage mechanism between foxfi and KitKat! The solution I would recommend is to start in applications manager...delete all data and cache. Then once deleted..Do a battery pull...Then set up the application as normal

OP
B

brobox

Reaction score
How did you get the password thing to work out?

I had to setup a security lock code first then I was able to use that as the password. I found that information of Foxfi FAQ. After trying battery pull and Everything I could think of I re-installed Foxfi and it finally gave me the screen to "allow all devices" that I was missing before.

VivaLaAndroid

Reaction score
Got the password thing worked out, but now Foxfi will not connect to the internet. I have got past the wifi hotspot screen and Foxfi reads as "wifi hotspot on" the computers see Foxfi as a hotspot but will not connect to the internet. I have spent the day on this and still haven't found the answer as nobody else has posted this problem.

I tried creating a lockscreen password and then using it for the credential storage password...and even uninstalled and reinstalled afterwards but that didn't work :[
.....any ideas

skowalewski

Reaction score
Problem fixed
After two days of reading and researching, I was able to fix the problem with the password credentials.
1.You will have to do a full factory restore.
2. After the factory restore, when prompted enter a security pin for your device
3. Re-install FoxFi

This was the only way I could get the password credential fixed. Earlier I had tried uninstalling Foxfi setting the security pin and then re-installing Foxfi, but to no avail. The steps I listed above, worked liked a charm; should work for other users as well. Now just waiting for a Root method to be worked out for the Verizon variant of the Galaxy S4 running Kit Kat.