FoxFi Is Not Working On The Galaxy S7 After Nougat Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was recently able to update my Galaxy S7 Edge to the Beta build of Nougat. There have been plenty of nice changes in this update including better battery life with Doze On The Go, Split Screen, and other features. I just tried to use FoxFi and it appears that Nougat has killed the app. For those of you unfamiliar FoxFi is an app used for wifi tethering. It is useful for someone like me who has unlimited data. I am able to utilize my unlimited data while on the go (road trip, at work, ect). This may just be because FoxFi has not been able to update their app for the new Nougat. I am hoping that an update will come soon, but for now FoxFi reports that it won't work over wifi and you will need to use USB or Bluetooth instead.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it quick.

Works on my Pixel so a fix should be up in no time

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it quick.

Works on my Pixel so a fix should be up in no time
Do you even need foxfi with a pixel?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you even need foxfi with a pixel?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Well I use USB mode, and did with my s7 edge.

If I'm working at a coffee shop or something then I use FoxFi. Don't trust public networks...

Pretty sure I could hotspot, but I paid for FoxFi so might as well just stick with it

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well I use USB mode, and did with my s7 edge.

If I'm working at a coffee shop or something then I use FoxFi. Don't trust public networks...

Pretty sure I could hotspot, but I paid for FoxFi so might as well just stick with it
Google provides VPN for Nexus/pixel devices when you are on open wifi. The same vpn it uses for project Fi.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
...or any other phone made in the past 2 years?? I just assumed tethering/hotspot was built in to all devices now.
The application is but if you have an unlimited data plan it won't work on most phones. Some still do a provisioning check, like the 5x. My 6P doesn't check.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Little bit misleading headline lol. It IS working, but not sending WIFI signal? But it will work over bluetooth? i'm guessing/hoping a fix will follow shortly. Also, this is just nougat beta right?

Grendel41p

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6 Edge
Got a security update... Able to activate foxfi hotspot by just turning on hotspot from settings and it starts foxfi... Who would have thunk :)