Fox fi not working with 4g

pugdaddy

Reaction score
Anybody know why my razor wont hook up with fox fi using 4g. It automaticly switches to wi fi and when i shut off wi fi fox fi shuts down. If their is not any wifi connection it sends an eror message. Worked fine for a couple of months. I am rooted and tried useing wi fi tether but get an error message as well. Did verizon mess with my phone? Any info on this would be great. Thanks:hail:

Scott B

Reaction score
It always puts the wifi logo up there when I use foxfi. It is still using your 4g, I guess its part of the walk around. If you toggle your wifi it will cause the foxfi app to crash. Make sure your data is on and wifi off when you turn the app on and you will be fine.

Scott B

Reaction score
Also since you hit the wifi toggle while the app was running you will either have to clear the data on foxfi through the manage apps, or uninstall and reinstall to fix. I made the same mistake and after clearing the data it has worked fine for me. You may get away with the hard reboot of the phone with power and volume down for 10 seconds. Hope this helps!

1coopgt

Reaction score
Foxfi is sending out a WIFI signal for you computer to pick up . Then it uses 4g to send and receive the info your computer is sending or requesting. And then it sends the info back to your computer over the wifi signal again.

OP
pugdaddy

pugdaddy

Reaction score
Does not work anymore when not at home. I think its useing my home wifi.