Found a Droid, don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack901

Reaction score
So, my friend found a Droid on the bus, and wants to sell it to me. Perfect timing as I'm looking for a new phone, and something running Android would be perfect for me. Seeing as how this phone was found, I can't just call verizon and tell them to activate it. Beyond that even, the phone isn't even activated on Verizon, it's activated on some Chinese phone carrier and isn't getting a phone signal as a result, so I can't call them up and see if the phone was stolen. The phone also won't show me a phone number (just showing a blank space under "My Phone Number"), only that it's connected to a Chinese carrier, so I can't call the owner and tell them their phone was found.

Anything I can do to make the phone mine, or is it usable as a Wifi device only? I'd contact the owner, but I don't know how.

FernBch

Reaction score
I personally would try to contact the owner. If he reports it as lost or stolen it will be deactivated and thus a brick. Try calling a number in the contact list to track him/her down. I think I speak for many here, if I lost mine I would want it returned.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

OP
C

cactusjack901

Reaction score
I personally would try to contact the owner. If he reports it as lost or stolen it will be deactivated and thus a brick. Try calling a number in the contact list to track him/her down. I think I speak for many here, if I lost mine I would want it returned.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

It was in a factory state when I got it, my friend had intended to sell it, and wiped everything. I did find the phone # (Apparently it was just glitching and not showing the number, but a reboot fixed it), and I tried calling it to see if the owner had a new phone, but it said the call could not be completed. So I have no way of contacting the guy, the phone # is from Canada (I'm from right by New York City), and the carrier is Chinese. I have no idea what to do.

wojtalsd

Reaction score
As FernBch stated look in the contacts and try some of them to get a hold of the owner. If the owner reports it lost/stolen the carrier will just clear the esn and give you a nice paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.