forwarding texts

bigpiper223

Reaction score
I for the life of me can not figure out how to forward a text to more than one person at a time. Please help

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The native message program at this time does not have a function to send to multiple people. To have that, you would need to download handcent or i think chompsms does that also (not 100% sure chomp is up to date for android 2.0)

OP
B

bigpiper223

Reaction score
well thats retarted. Even free phones from 5 years ago had that on them. i will look at the apps.

dargomike

Reaction score
multiple forward

Well on my droid if I press on the message, the message options come up, I press forward, and in the "To:" field, I can add multiple recipients.

slammed

Reaction score
Well on my droid if I press on the message, the message options come up, I press forward, and in the "To:" field, I can add multiple recipients.

+1, you can send a sms to multiple contacts
in the To field it seperates the contacts by a "," then you just type the next contact......

eversonsc

Reaction score
I agree with Dargomike. I can send to multiple people I just click on the "to" area and can add all the people I want

sfinchler

Reaction score
But how come I can't use my contacts when forwarding? This is the same for forwarding emails too. The To: box allows me to type but if I want to forward the text or email I have to type in the address. That makes no sense to me at all. Does anyone think they'll fix that in the December patch?

MrExtraordinare

Reaction score
I too am having issue with not being able to forward a TEXT message to an email address because it does not show up in the Contact list after clicking on the TO: field. It only showed mobile number.

Only way I can forward to email address is to manually type the address which I think is wrong. Why hasn't Handcent or ChompSMS include this functionality? Or even Messaging?

I should be able to forward to a mix of mobile number contacts and email addresses. I was able to do that on my LG ENV.

Do I regret owning the Droid, NOOOOO! I LOVE IT! Tons of free stuff! Lots of learning curves but still fun to explore and experiment.

If anyone has a solution or know of one, please let all of us Android-users know.

Thanks!

spyder91

Reaction score
But how come I can't use my contacts when forwarding? This is the same for forwarding emails too. The To: box allows me to type but if I want to forward the text or email I have to type in the address. That makes no sense to me at all. Does anyone think they'll fix that in the December patch?

A long press on the SMS you want to forward, then select Forward and you are brought to a new window in the Messaging app. From here if you start to type names a menu will drop down with the matching contacts. A comma will separate each, and you can keep choosing whomever you would like to forward to.

This works the same way in the Gmail app...click forward at the bottom of the message and type the first few letters of the contact in the address bar. The phone will auto-suggest your matching contacts. Comma separates multiples.

I too am having issue with not being able to forward a TEXT message to an email address because it does not show up in the Contact list after clicking on the TO: field. It only showed mobile number.

Only way I can forward to email address is to manually type the address which I think is wrong. Why hasn't Handcent or ChompSMS include this functionality? Or even Messaging?

I should be able to forward to a mix of mobile number contacts and email addresses. I was able to do that on my LG ENV.

Do I regret owning the Droid, NOOOOO! I LOVE IT! Tons of free stuff! Lots of learning curves but still fun to explore and experiment.

If anyone has a solution or know of one, please let all of us Android-users know.

Thanks!

You can just copy and paste the text into an e-mail then add as many contacts as you would like. Follow the steps above. This would be an extremely simple workaround.

Last edited:

mydgtsing

Reaction score
I totally agree that this is another major text messaging issue with the Droid. When you click on "To:", you should be able to choose contacts from your contact list...not have to manually type in each recipient. I have 240+ contacts. I can possibly remember EVERYONE's name in my contact list to type them in manually.

DROID developers, VERIZON, GOOGLE, MOTOROLA...are you listening? GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED!

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I am new to Droid, and I just thought I was still DROID-stupid on this matter. I am glad to see it isn't just me. I was typing the first couple letters to a contact's name and all it would show was the number equivelent of each letter.

okeeffm

Reaction score
Try the app Text Easy...it lets you checkmark multiple contacts from your contacts folder and then send them a message.

bgdave

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me being a droid fanboy, but i find it easier to enter the first few letters of a contact name and select the auto-fill contact name. Once you do the first, just select the "To" box again and type the next name and select the auto-fill name after the first few letters are typed. To me this is easier than scrolling through 200 contacts looking for a name to check. To each his own though, to each his own.