forwarding text messages

bluemsw

Reaction score
do a long press on the message that you want to forward, then the menu should come up and scroll down until you see the forward option.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
because noone told you that you could long press on most things to bring up other menus. GO GO Gadget ****

OP
J

jgmarto

Reaction score
One of the downfalls of not comming with a manual. I am new to the smartphone thing and, while not computer illiterate, slow on catching up on this stuff. The online manual at vzw.com and THIS forum helped out tremendously.

Thanks guys :greendroid:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah along with most people, I do wish it came with a manual, while i may have only looked it over for a couple of seconds, for alot of people it would have come in very handy many times.

taylor9t

Reaction score
not forwarding

I got my phone Dec 11th. Your suggestion doesn't work for me. As soon as I got the phone I did get the 2.0.1 update. Did the option disappear since then?:motdroidvert:

mikey411

Reaction score
Droid v2.0.1 cant forward????

I'm having the same problem that taylor9t is having..

I select the message I want to forward and hold...

i get:
(CONTACT NAME)
-view thread
-view contact
-delete thread

but nothing about forwarding .. ?????

I tried to scroll the pop-up menu .. no luck
I tried menu on both the opened message and the list message screen...
I tried "attach" and no good....

WTF... !?!?!?!

Please help!!

mikey411

Reaction score
after playing with it for a while I figured it out... you have to ckick and hold the opened message itself... not the preview (message list) screen.....

Got it!

GotnFX

Reaction score
after playing with it for a while I figured it out... you have to ckick and hold the opened message itself... not the preview (message list) screen.....

Got it!
That is right mikey411..for those that are still unclear..you have to long press the actual text...not on the screen that lists out the names of who you received texts from.

dstoll

Reaction score
Forwarding Groups of Text Messages

I am using my DROID with in my classroom. Students are texting information to me and then I am posting their text messages to a class blog. I would like to post the entire string at once to the blog, but the only thing I can figure out is forwarding one message at a time.
Any thoughts?

btbmg

Reaction score
In reply to:

I'm having the same problem that taylor9t is having..

I select the message I want to forward and hold...

i get:
(CONTACT NAME)
-view thread
-view contact
-delete thread

Do this:

Open the message you want to forward, so tap on the message...next the message should be ready to compose right? Now hold down on the screen and the pop up menu should appear allowing you to forward, delete, whatever u want almost. Hope this works for you.