Forwarding text messages with Droid

rddog8691

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the droid is able to forward text and picture messages i cant figure out how to do it.

1dp3655

Reaction score
You are right. I dont know. Anyone???????

The menu button just gives you call, attach, etc options but no forward and/or attach.

J

JohnDroid

Yup, click and hold on the message and another menu pops up.

There are quite a few functions on the phone where you need to press on the object for 2 seconds for the 'extended' type menu to come up.

1dp3655

Reaction score
Yup, that works. Lots of options. Droid looking better and better. Any good youtube videos to show tricks like these?

tstorm44

Reaction score
why on my phone when i long click on the message i only get the options to view thread, view contact, or delete thread? can someone help?

angryunibrow

Reaction score
why on my phone when i long click on the message i only get the options to view thread, view contact, or delete thread? can someone help?

You need to long press on the actual message you want to forward.
Your clicking in the wrong spot.

Click on the contact to open the conversation, then long press on a certain message.

xredarrow

Reaction score
Does it mark the message

My roommate has a droid. I am going to get one when my contract is up. But I wanted to sneak a message off his phone. When you forward a message does it forward the whole string of the conversation and does it mark it in any way. I wanted to know if he could tell I did it or not.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't want to make a new thread, and I searched, kinda tired so maybe not search so well.

The other day someone wanted a phone # through text. On my old WinMo device I simply went to the contact and "send number through text" or something along those lines.

Now i poke around a bit in Android and I could not find that sort of option like that at all. I use handcent, so that might be a problem, but how on earth do you send a certain contact's number through a text message? My method was just memorizing the number real quick and typing it out (yeah I could've tried to hold the number and paste it back on the sms, but was pretty frustrated by this point and forgot to try it).

I haven't tried since, this topic just reminded me of what I went through. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I wish it was easy.

edit: Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, but seems your question was answered, rddog.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't want to make a new thread, and I searched, kinda tired so maybe not search so well.

The other day someone wanted a phone # through text. On my old WinMo device I simply went to the contact and "send number through text" or something along those lines.

Now i poke around a bit in Android and I could not find that sort of option like that at all. I use handcent, so that might be a problem, but how on earth do you send a certain contact's number through a text message? My method was just memorizing the number real quick and typing it out (yeah I could've tried to hold the number and paste it back on the sms, but was pretty frustrated by this point and forgot to try it).

I haven't tried since, this topic just reminded me of what I went through. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I wish it was easy.

edit: Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, but seems your question was answered, rddog.
Each contact has an option to "share" contact info... but the only Apps that are listed to share via are Barcode Scanner and GMail. No Handcent or Messaging... hmmm.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Each contact has an option to "share" contact info... but the only Apps that are listed to share via are Barcode Scanner and GMail. No Handcent or Messaging... hmmm.

ooooooo ok. Now i see where share contact is.

wow they don't even have it to share through the stock messaging app. Hope google fixes this in 2.0.2 or 2.1. Would be very handy in texting.

thanks for clearing that up for me Martin!

brieguy

Reaction score
Is there a way to:
1. Forward a whole thread, not just one message
2. Retain the original attribution ... when I forward a message, it comes out with me as the author instead of the original author?
Thx

Last edited: