Forum suggestion/question

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
On the main forum page, I've noticed that each manufacturer has it's own forum...and then some of the newer Samsung Galaxy devices also have their own forum separate from the Samsung forum.

Is there any plan to consolidate those into the main Samsung forum? It makes the main page a little lengthier than needed. I think the same could be said for the different Droid-branded devices...maybe just make a Droid-branded forum and stick the various models in there as sub-forums.

I would've posted this in a suggestion forum but didn't see one. Perhaps that could be instituted? Many other forums I've been a part of have a forum of that nature...

Just a thought. Thanks!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've never understood why there is a Motorola forum and then the separate Droid Razr, Droid Turbo etc forums.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yeah, that's true...more so now that it seems Motorola is the only one producing the Droid line. At one point, there were a couple other manufacturers making Droids but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think the initial idea behind that was so that you don't have to go into the brand section to get to the "hottest" devices. Quicker access to newer phones' forums from the main page.

I could be wrong on that one, but I know the Note 4 was out like the other devices you're talking about when I first got it and now it's consolidated into the "Galaxy Note" section.

Though I'm a member of the staff, I don't speak for the layout. That's above my pay grade. ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think the initial idea behind that was so that you don't have to go into the brand section to get to the "hottest" devices. Quicker access to newer phones' forums from the main page.

I could be wrong on that one, but I know the Note 4 was out like the other devices you're talking about when I first got it and now it's consolidated into the "Galaxy Note" section.

Though I'm a member of the staff, I don't speak for the layout. That's above my pay grade. ;)
There is a hottest devices forum. The Droid Razr HD is not a hottest device anymore.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like I said, I don't actually have anything to do with that setup, so I might be wrong. That, or someone has accidentally overlooked moving it for some time.

You might know better than I do about redirects and such as far as subforums are concerned.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I give up...

LOL. Nah, I understand that some of the individual devices were broken out to their own forums initially to draw attention to them. New release or flagship device...but for a few that are still up, their "ooh shiny" factor has worn off and it's probably time to just consolidate.

No worries either way! Just a thought. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good thought. I kinda feel like you do, truth be told. I like the idea of keeping them all in their brand forums as subforums. Less upkeep. Don't have to remember to move them or decide when to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They are mainly lumped under phone manufacturers but, as JK said, some of the hot phones will have its own section. And though droid is mainly Motorola devices they are Verizon, as you will not see an ATT Droid but you will see a HTC Droid Eris.

But we will pass this along to the site owners as suggestions can help with making the site easy to navigate.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
JK is correct. They were singled out to highlight new devices. I agree, all devices should be in their parent forum...