formatting SD card

spillner

Reaction score
OK so I have an OG droid, running SS 5.4 with rzr. I wanna give this phone to my brother since I'm upgrading to a D3. I wanna format the SD card for him. Will resetting the phone and wiping the sd card cause me to lose this ROM and recovery? I know it won't wipe the root but not sure about the other 2.

Thanks

derek33

Reaction score
It should not cause you to lose that rom you can reinstall the rom and have it run threw the begining just like you did and it will stay on there with out your memory card

OP
S

spillner

Reaction score
I formatted the drive and wiped the data but I'm stuck in a "M" loop, I was able to restore it back, any idea why I can't factory reset it?

derek33

Reaction score
have you tried reinstalling the rom at all and as far as recovery if you rooted the handset with a permanent root then the recovery such as clockworkmod or nandroid should stay on the phone.

Last edited:

derek33

Reaction score
It should not cause you to lose that rom you can reinstall the rom and have it run threw the begining just like you did and it will stay on there with out your memory card

what about recovery?

even with recovery the rom will be on there i did it with my droid incredible but insteaded of a factory data reset re install the rom on there like your flashing it for the first time and it will be like the first time were you have to set up all over again,

OP
S

spillner

Reaction score
Tried reinstalling the rom and I still get stuck in the loop. I had to flash it back to stock to and redo everything. Thanks for the help anyways guys.