Forgive me I am confused - Email problem

Cassie

Reaction score
I have a roadrunner account, and I followed the directions to sync my home emails to the Droid (I am using the app included on the phone stated "email"). I always get the error "Unable to open connection to server"? Please let me know what I am doing wrong, and what I should do from here.

The Verizon rep said I could sync my home emails to the phone, but being a non-techy person I have no idea how now! I have read the threads listed here so far, but I am ignorant if one those apply to roadrunner. I am awaiting an update?

Please advise, so I may stop searching for an answer.
Thank you so much for you help.
Cassie

BigTex71

Reaction score
What type of mail did you set it up for (POP, IMAP, etc.)? Did you check with RoadRunner to ensure you are using the proper server name (ie. mail.rr.com or pop.rr.com)?

OP
Cassie

Cassie

Reaction score
What type of mail did you set it up for (POP, IMAP, etc.)? Did you check with RoadRunner to ensure you are using the proper server name (ie. mail.rr.com or pop.rr.com)?
Thank you, you triggered something (checking the exact name of the pop server I have). I hadn't put the "pop or stmp" in the server section. I know it's basics but I totally forgot about that... ahhhh, I am so happy now. Now I can say the droid is PERFECT for me. Thank you for your assistance!