Forever root Mod gone!

pharmnatr

Reaction score
Hi All
I made the changes to my system/bin/mount_ext3sh file but they vanished!
I was running unl3ashed 1.8 then I fxz back to stock, then made the forever root changes, upgraded my radio to .893 then applied reblurred 2.0 last night.
Everything went smoothly. After making the forever root changes, I checked to make sure the changes were there and they definitely were!
This morning I double checked and they were gone!
My question is can I make the changes to the mount_ext3sh file now or do I have to FXZ and start over.

TIA

AL

Itsheyize

Reaction score
Hi All
I made the changes to my system/bin/mount_ext3sh file but they vanished!
I was running unl3ashed 1.8 then I fxz back to stock, then made the forever root changes, upgraded my radio to .893 then applied reblurred 2.0 last night.
Everything went smoothly. After making the forever root changes, I checked to make sure the changes were there and they definitely were!
This morning I double checked and they were gone!
My question is can I make the changes to the mount_ext3sh file now or do I have to FXZ and start over.

TIA

AL

If you formatted your /system which everyone should before doing the 2.0 upgrade, then yes you will lose the forever root in the mount_ext3.sh file. You are still rooted though. You can't upgrade to 2.0 without being rooted. You don't have to revert to reapply the forever root changes, you only need to have root.

OP
P

pharmnatr

Reaction score
ok thanks. All I need to do is reapply the forever root changes again.
Appreciate your help.

bigtex52

Reaction score
I had the same problem and after completing the edit to apply forever root, I had forgotten to change the file permissions back to Read only. I reapplied the changes again and changed back to RO and they have stuck since then. Just my experience.