Ford Sync + 911 Call

ext

Reaction score
Two things:

1.) Hooking upto a Ford Sync setup can only be done by putting your phone into discoverable mode and using the Sync system to find the device - and not vice versa. Trying to connect the phone to Sync which is detected properly and allows the prompt to enter in the pin displayed will timeout the connection before you can get the whole pin input. Once connected though, Sync worked flawlessly with the X.

2.) So while driving I had to make a 911 call yesterday as I saw a drunk driver pull out onto a highway on the other side of the road into oncoming traffic. After hanging up with 911 the X goes into an emergency callback mode where no data comes to your phone for 5 minutes. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.

-Ext

mtkregs

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Ford Sync pairing with the Droid X is the same as Droid 1, but on the Droid 1 you can pair it conventionally. You don't use the 6 digit code supplied by Sync. Instead, you continue to scroll through the Sync menu for the alternate (4 digit) code. Once I entered that into my Droid 1, I was quickly paired with Sync.

Just picked up the vehicle a couple of days ago and the procedure above worked like a charm.

moehickey

Reaction score
It works with the Droid X too. It took me a while to discover this process, but it paired fine. My only problem is that the end call button doesn't function. I can use voice command to end call.

mtkregs

Reaction score
It works with the Droid X too. It took me a while to discover this process, but it paired fine. My only problem is that the end call button doesn't function. I can use voice command to end call.
Hmmm....strange. The end call button works fine on my Droid 1.

The only problem I have is, when a call ends, the Droid automatically starts playing a media track. If anyone knows where I can look to stop that, please share.

bama stripes

Reaction score
Ford Sync Volume

I was hoping that the DX would solve the volume issue with outgoing/incoming calls (have to turn the volume up)
09 F150. After I paired the phone, I called myself from my LL and advanced the bluetooth volume on the phone to max. It helped a little, but no cigar.

Any Ford Sync users have any suggestions ?