For those who want a "Call Blocker"

Quickster357

Reaction score
For those wondering how to block calls from people you may hate or stupid telesales people (you must have their number saved) just go into contacts. Find the peron(s) bugging you and click on their name to go into their info. Click on menu and hit options. You'll see that you can select a ringtone, which you can edit for a personal ringtone, but there is the option for you to send the call directly to voicemail.

Enjoy :)

OP
Quickster357

Quickster357

Reaction score
Actually, I did find a program in the market for call blocking. Didn't look into it since this was all I need. I know that said program is free though. I also can't remember what it is called. G something or other.

romeov

Reaction score
This is why I am loving full google voice.

I hate the idea that even if you can find a way to block numbers, you're not really blocking them, you're just not hearing the ring and sending them to your voicemail where they can complain about you not picking up, or harass or bother you knowing you're still there for good. I finally blocked my first number today on GV and that person will not be able to fill my voicemail for years asking why I won't pick up. They won't be able to send me text messages anymore, and they will hear "we're sorry, this number is no longer in service, if you feel you have reached this message in error, please check the number and try again"

And they are gone, no voicemail option, no nothing, they take my number out of their phone and I will never hear from them again :)

And best of all, they KNOW it

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have called verizon's reps and talked with about 2 of them and a manager. If they number someone is dialing from is unavailable, it shows up as 999-999-9999 and there is no way for you or them to block it.

Evilsibe

Reaction score
I have called verizon's reps and talked with about 2 of them and a manager. If they number someone is dialing from is unavailable, it shows up as 999-999-9999 and there is no way for you or them to block it.

Apparently there is an App on the market called "Extreme Call Blocker" that claims to be able to block anon calls, however I have no way to be called anon by someone so I cant test it, but they sell it for 4.99 and they are at 500-1000 dl's so people are buying it.

nimit.jain

Reaction score
This is why I am loving full google voice.

I hate the idea that even if you can find a way to block numbers, you're not really blocking them, you're just not hearing the ring and sending them to your voicemail where they can complain about you not picking up, or harass or bother you knowing you're still there for good. I finally blocked my first number today on GV and that person will not be able to fill my voicemail for years asking why I won't pick up. They won't be able to send me text messages anymore, and they will hear "we're sorry, this number is no longer in service, if you feel you have reached this message in error, please check the number and try again"

And they are gone, no voicemail option, no nothing, they take my number out of their phone and I will never hear from them again :)

And best of all, they KNOW it

hi....may I know which app are you using...because I m also in a need of that app...
please reply asap..

thanks in advance
nimit

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few blockers that keep the other party from even connecting to you but AFAIK they all require root to do so.