For those of you using Handcent

David526

Reaction score
Is there a way to "send" a message while in landscape mode? When I turn the phone to type in landscape, there doesn't seem to be a way to send the message without returning the phone to portrait mode first.

If there is a way, would someone please let me know?

dbu

Reaction score
Is there a way to "send" a message while in landscape mode? When I turn the phone to type in landscape, there doesn't seem to be a way to send the message without returning the phone to portrait mode first.

If you go into the settings hit send message settings then hit shortcut key to send you can configure it to send when you hit enter.
Sent from my Incredible

drtnsnw

Reaction score
or if you swipe your finger down the keyboard it should disapear

chris

OP
D

David526

Reaction score

If you go into the settings hit send message settings then hit shortcut key to send you can configure it to send when you hit enter.
Sent from my Incredible

Thank you! Just what I was looking for!

lazerdude

Reaction score
quick question...I downloaded handcent...love the look etc. but how do I disable the stock messaging? I have alread followed the instruction give it does not work...I have disabled all notifications, etc. on the stock msg...
currently I have uninstalled handcent but would use it again if I could get a fix for the duplicates in the stock msg app.

fyi...dinc; stock 2.2; no other problems with the phone like some others have on this forum...

any ideas?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some people might say you are not doing something right but I have heard of a few instances where double notifications were impossible to get around (even with notifications turned off in the stock app) the cases that came up before were on Original Droid's and the solution was not to use Handcent

lazerdude

Reaction score
not using handcent is about the best thing I guess...
I appreciate you not trying to explain how to fix it...I have done it all...I have done everything the handcent app says to do as well as what others said to do ...nothing seems to work...
thanks again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity...does it yeild the same results with Chomp SMS ?

lazerdude

Reaction score
have not tried chomp... it looked like it had more complaints than handcent

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if it is a Handcent issue or if it does this with all third party messaging applications which would put the problem in your device

lazerdude

Reaction score
it seems I've read a lot about folks already having that issue with chomp, too. So not sure it would be my device even if I had it.

do you use either one?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those getting double notification tones, set handcent notification tone to silent, leave main menu notification to what it was

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

bswnyca

Reaction score
really like handcent but get double the text messages - one from the reg. app and one from handcent. Is that the price I have to pay to use handcent and it is using twice the memory?
thanks

awwpickle

Reaction score
You can go into the stock messaging app then go down to notification settings and then uncheck receive notifixations box. Then you will just get the handcent notifications.

I'm sure there is a way to delete your stock messaging app if your really worried about space.... but id make sure you have a back up!!!!

really like handcent but get double the text messages - one from the reg. app and one from handcent. Is that the price I have to pay to use handcent and it is using twice the memory?
thanks

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

alwerner

Reaction score
I have Handcent working on the DROID without problem. A few notes:

You have to turn off stock messager notifications.
You can't get rid of the MMS.APK because Handcent and ChompSMS both use the core functionality.