For the love of the gods someone find a way to kill the bloatware.

Arachnidus

Reaction score
It's so frustrating to have all this crap on my phone. BLUR is bad enough, but I feel like the D2 is anchored down. Anybody know of any way to get rid of the bloatware before we get rooting down?

brochaos

Reaction score
at the least, you can install launcherpro and hide any icons you don't want to see in the app launcher...

OP
A

Arachnidus

Reaction score
at the least, you can install launcherpro and hide any icons you don't want to see in the app launcher...

I did. It's all the crap that Motoblur uses, pretty much all the default bloatware apps interfere with the main system apps in someway...at least, so far.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I did. It's all the crap that Motoblur uses, pretty much all the default bloatware apps interfere with the main system apps in someway...at least, so far.

Give it a week or two.... Im not sure if someone will root the D2 as quick as the x but i can say it will happen eventually. When rooted youll be able to remove anything you desire. (not sure about blur though....i dont know if thats an app. Im sure if you knew what to delete youd be able to remove it though.

mjones1052

Reaction score

Give it a week or two.... Im not sure if someone will root the D2 as quick as the x but i can say it will happen eventually. When rooted youll be able to remove anything you desire. (not sure about blur though....i dont know if thats an app. Im sure if you knew what to delete youd be able to remove it though.

Blur can't just be deleted. It is thoroughly ingrained in the system and deleting any of the Blur pieces can brick your phone, as this has happened already. Sucks that it's almost identical to the Droid X, yet we can't root it. Seems Motorola patched the exploid hack with their Froyo, and as far as I know Froyo has been a ***** to root.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone will root it. The wait is what makes it fun.

droidism

Reaction score
You can rid the bloatware with appbrain...you can not remove blur though. Its tied into the software. Goto appbrain and goto manage apps. This will give you the option to delete them.
Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can rid the bloatware with appbrain...you can not remove blur though. Its tied into the software. Goto appbrain and goto manage apps. This will give you the option to delete them.
Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

You have to be rooted to remove/rename stuff that came with the phone.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
i honestly like the way the software looks (of course i downloaded launcherpro though) i just want the d2 to be rooted so i can use wifi tether for free. no way am i paying 20 bucks for that

cdipier2

Reaction score
i would love to get rid of city id, skype and im sure theres a few more that i have no use for. all this extra crap makes it not much faster then my D1

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Amazon MP3, Kindle, CityID, Skype, etc. Will all be out the door when I get my D2 rooted as well. Can't wait.

i honestly like the way the software looks (of course i downloaded launcherpro though) i just want the d2 to be rooted so i can use wifi tether for free. no way am i paying 20 bucks for that
PDAnet, it's free, and you can USB tether or use bluetooth, also you can text from your PC.

Also, Easytether is an option, but it doesn't support 64bit.

djice

Reaction score
Yea there are a few "FREE" apps in the android market that allow tethering for free.. just have to search.

guyinlaca

Reaction score
LauncherPro is a great app. It disables the Blur homescreen and makes everything run faster.

Things I love about Launcher Pro:

-Dock screen that lets you choose shortcuts to any 5 apps from the main screen. Also allows the Droid 1 multiple homescreen preview and toggle buttons.

-Can choose custom icons which appear in the dock

-Can choose what color the highlights appear when you press a button, no more red:)

-Allows you to hide icons to apps you don't use, so your app drawer is less cluttered.

**By the way, make note of how your homescreen was BEFORE installing LauncherPro, as you will need to reapply all the shortcuts and widgets to your homescreens.

This app is a must have for Droid 2 users.

OP
A

Arachnidus

Reaction score
LauncherPro is a great app. It disables the Blur homescreen and makes everything run faster.

Things I love about Launcher Pro:

-Dock screen that lets you choose shortcuts to any 5 apps from the main screen. Also allows the Droid 1 multiple homescreen preview and toggle buttons.

-Can choose custom icons which appear in the dock

-Can choose what color the highlights appear when you press a button, no more red:)

-Allows you to hide icons to apps you don't use, so your app drawer is less cluttered.

**By the way, make note of how your homescreen was BEFORE installing LauncherPro, as you will need to reapply all the shortcuts and widgets to your homescreens.

This app is a must have for Droid 2 users.

As much as I appreciate it, yes, we know. This isn't about Blur, it's about the clutterware in general. It makes no difference whether it's hidden or not, it's still there.

lostmonster

Reaction score
I agree with the general air of this thread. Too much stupid crapware on this excellent machine.

Personally tired of being tied down by corporate coding.

MY current situation deals with a problem with a solution that you'd think would be so simple, yet it's still prevented because of corporate coding.

Currently, for whatever reason, Skype isn't the correct icon. It looks like a tech icon. It's the computer monitor with a gear. Also, skype's name isn't "skype," instead, it's "com.skype.android.verizon" and it's pissing me off.