??? for newbie. Which Phone?????

DJFaninTN

Reaction score
We are going to make the switch over to a Droid. Right now we can pick up the HTC Hero or wait for the Milestone to be released next month.

I know the Milestone has an external keyboard but after that I am clueless.

Should we go ahead and get the Hero or wait ... and tell me why???

Thanks for your help:)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Milestone....may I ask what network. I see TN and think Tennessee, but the milestone is more of the international version of the droid.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ohhh. ok. I like the droid/milestone. It to me is a nice smart phone that offers alot of features. Android is a n o/s that users from different companies and devices can talk and share in. If you must have a keyboard (like myself) then the droid is the device to go). But if all the bulk is not neccessary then the hero is a hood device. I know people who mainly use their phone for texting not like the hero because it did not have a physical keyboard.

OP
D

DJFaninTN

Reaction score
I THINK I would like an external keyboard more, but never having had one I am clueless. I would think the Hero would be a little behind in technology more than the Milestone and perhaps not near as fast??

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
right, but the people who use the hero is different from who uses the droid. The Droid is for those (IMO) who love to customize and learn to get the most out of their device. The hero is more for the user who want a few apps and stuff but is not the tech crazy but probably more into social networking apps.
This forum does a lot to help get people familiar with their device. We have vids and tutorials (mostly for the droid but for the most part its the same device).
Let us know what info we can provide and we will try to get it to you.