Fonts

skourg3

Reaction score
If you have a computer with Windows you should be able to just do it yourself.

Using Windows 7 (steps would probably be similar for other versions of Windows, but I don't have time to confirm right now):
go to Control Panel
go to Fonts
find Verdana, double click on it
choose which one you want (Regular would be for the main font... I'm not sure if the Droid uses bold, italic, or bold italic for sans-serif fonts or not, I only usually swap out the base font), right click on it, copy
paste it somewhere (it'll paste as something like verdana.ttf)
rename it (for the base font, it'd be DroidSans.ttf)
might want to do a backup, in case the phone doesn't like the font.. I've had to nandroid a few times because of being sloppy with fonts
push it to /system/fonts

I would imagine that would be it. I didn't actually try pushing the font onto my phone, so I don't know for sure that it'll work (I'm not sure if there is any sort of signing on Windows fonts that would prevent it from working; I know I've edited non-Windows fonts with FontForge and rebuilt them with no problems), but give a shot and find out.

SlateJones

Reaction score
once you find the font you want and have it renamed. Just drop it into your goodies folder on your sd card. Pick a font on the sd card you dont want and replace it with your new font. Then just use the scripts to change.

dstortz

Reaction score
Is there anyway to add more fonts to change through the toolbox?

I would really like to use 28 Days Later Font.

If cant be done through the tool box can anyone tell me how to do it through root explorer.

Thank you in advance.

D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask this as well. I have a few fonts I'd like to use.

tappin and a talkin

bookie

Reaction score
There are alot more fonts if you run roottools in the terminal emulator. 27 I think

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

eraursls1984

Reaction score
Is there anywhere to preview the fonts in the tool box first. Without having to restart every time?

dstortz

Reaction score
There are alot more fonts if you run roottools in the terminal emulator. 27 I think

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I looked in the rootools in the t emulator and didnt see anything for fonts in there, is there a special command that i need to be putting in to see the font names?

Thank you in advance.

D

ldequatro

Reaction score
Changing the font is such an awesome feature of this ROM.. I love it!.. However, Being able to see the great fonts you guys have on there already would be great so we wouldn't have to restart the phone each time. Maybe writing the font names in the actual font that it is? just a suggestion :) Thanks guys!

dstortz

Reaction score
this is pretty awesome to be able to do, along with what ldequatro said about being able to preview the font, but also being able to add different font's that you would like.

I have been using the font 28 days later for better keyboard and i am in love that font.

If someone is really into development and know's how to do this already and could let me know that would be great also.

thank you everyone for the replies.

D

Mars

Reaction score
Since we now have obtained root access, are we now able to modify the fonts yet? and if so, what would be the optimal way to approach this? suggestions?

DancingNexus

natezire71

Reaction score
You should be able to. Try "Type Fresh". That's what I used on my OG.

Mars

Reaction score
Check out Rom Toolbox, it has 193 to choose from.

Swyped from my Nexus!

What if I have a font that is not available thru rom toolbox? What's the best way to install it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums