Font size in instant messaging

danh63

Reaction score
Is there anyway for a stock droid to increase the font size in instrant messaging?

Having a hard time getting used to the droid. A few of the problems are texting and seeing it outside in the sun. I have the physical key board but no raised keys makes that difficult and them being off center doesn't help. On screen key board makes it tough with my big fingers. I know where the keys are but it isn't very accurate. I came from a BB so going back to a mistake sure is alot easier with the trackball. In meetings setting up a quick meeting or taking quick notes was alot easier with the BB.

All the different apps with the droid are GREAT! Wish I could get used to it as I am really thinking of switching back. Wish I could afford both.

Any help with these problems would be great. I was thinking of switching to the X when it comes out hoping that a bigger on screen key board would help but I am running out of time

Detonation

Reaction score
You might want to try the HTC IME keyboard. I've been using it for a while and love it. Keys are spaced better and more accurate (especially after calibration) and its text prediction is the best I have seen.

You can get the "stock" one here: [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers
Otherwise, you can customize your own version with different colors and icons here (but it requires a quick registration): http://gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

Regarding the font size, the sms app Handcent allows you to completely customize the text message display, including change the font and size.

Last edited:
OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
I have that handcent and I couldn't find a setting for font size. will have to look again. thanks!

OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
I have that handcent and I couldn't find a setting for font size. will have to look again. thanks!

Settings > Custom Style > Bubble Setting
if you're still looking

thanks! I see it now. That works great after it is sent. Is there someplace to change the size when I am typing it?

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
thanks! I see it now. That works great after it is sent. Is there someplace to change the size when I am typing it?

That would have to be a setting of the keyboard and unfortunately I don't think the stock keyboard or one I suggested allow that.

Looks like there are many other people that want this functionality as well:
Issue 4547 - android - DROID NO FONT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - Project Hosting on Google Code

Wow I guess so. It is one of the reasons I am thinking about going back to my BB