Folder apps disappearing.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
So I'm running the newest "released" build of Froyo on my Droid.

Whenever I put applications/icons into a folder on a home screen than reboot, the apps are no longer in said folders.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

QMaverick

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem--had to go back to the older Froyo build, but I liked everything else about the more recent one better--but without my folders, it's a pain to keep anything straight.

snowblind113

Reaction score
same problem. it keeps the first app i drop in the folder and removes the rest. very annoying. running the newer froyo build as well.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Yes, it seems to be the only problem I'm currently having with Froyo. If someone could provide a solution, that would be awesome. :)

Big D

Reaction score
Same problem here but with direct dials. I have them in a folder and they disappear after a while. Usually, just the contents of the folder would disappear but the last time, the whole folder just disappeared.

I guess Froyo doesn't like folders.

On a related not, my Froyo doesn't seem as blazing fast as others around here are reporting. I consistantly get 880 or so with froyo and a 1100 overclock Kernal. Not anywhere near the 1600+ others report.

This is becoming not worth it to me.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Are you sure your SetCPU settings are correct, and/or how you want them?

Still wishing someone would come along with a fix/solution for this issue...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running BB 2.2 with black ice and Chevy's 1.2 ULV 7 slot. I have direct dial shortcuts which work just fine. Additionally, I have Apps Organizer which allows me to add apps into folders then place on a screen. I have 7 folders and have not had any issues.

Mike

3ggshell

Reaction score
Ya I'm having the same issue with the latest froyo... it's really starting to get irritating.

fillemup9

Reaction score
Fix-kind of

I had the same exact problem, super irritating.

I switched over to launcherpro and it now keeps my apps in the folders I created. I had launcherpro before I upgraded and think its way better anyway.

For reference running BB v0.2.1
p3 1.25 LV kernel

Edit:
So I thought this was a fix, but it created a new problem. Now when I connect to usb it reverts to regular home. Then when I go back to launcherpro my widgets stop working and I have to reload everything. Just the black holder box remains.

Last edited:

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
solution is google needs to fix the beta/rc version we have before releasing it.
if using launcher pro you can hit preferences-restart launcher which helps.